Eset NOD32 2.7 + Nod32 fix 2.2 Question?!

joemama1969

I've read all the posts concerning Nod 32 2.7 finding the Nod32 2.2 fix and labeling it a Virus. Which is supposed to be a false positive. I've already scanned it with Virus Total + Jotti Online Scanners and no other Av had a problem with it.

And I've already force extracted the fix with Universal Extractor 1.5 to see what was there. And I'm just wondering what the references to Kazaa + emule are for in the install file? Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't P2P so why do I need this?

Thanks for your help!

[Files]

Source: "{app}\nod32fix.reg"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion

; Source: "{reg_HKCU\Software\Kazaa\LocalContent,DownloadDir_{tmp}}\NOD32.FiX.v2.2-nsane.exe"; DestDir: "{reg:HKCU\Software\Kazaa\LocalContent,DownloadDir|{tmp}}"; Flags: uninsneveruninstall ignoreversion

; Source: "{ini_{reg_HKCU\Software\eMule,Install Path}\config\preferences.ini,eMule,IncomingDir_{tmp}}\NOD32.FiX.v2.2-nsane.exe"; DestDir: "{ini:{reg:HKCU\Software\eMule,Install Path}\config\preferences.ini,eMule,IncomingDir|{tmp}}"; Flags: uninsneveruninstall ignoreversion

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting...

Script idiot here but does that look like it is placing copies of itself in kazaa and emule share folders? I guess I could understand that but really?

Anybody who really knows care help... Thanks

Yes, a copy is places in eMule/ Kazaa's shared folder (if present).

OK. But what purpose does that serve?

Thanks for your replies!

Archived