Sony To Cut PlayStation 3 Price To $399?

Zeus_Hunt

In a bid to improve lagging sales, Sony Computer Entertainment is set to introduce a new entry-level PlayStation 3 model that will sell it for $399 this holiday season, according to Ars Technica. In addition, the game console lineup that Sony plans to offer this holiday season includes PlayStation 3 80GB for $499, a PlayStation 2 for $99 and will bundle the upcoming Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray movie pack in with at least the most expensive PlayStation 3 version.

Although the death of the 60GB Sony PlayStation 3 has led to intense price cut rumors for the 80GB model before, Ars claims that its mole has a proven track record, with two Xbox 360-related reports that got confirmed in the past.

Sales of Sony’s PlayStation 3 have been much slower compared to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii, mostly because of the high price-point and lack of exclusive titles. But sales have reportedly been slowly picking up since Sony started slashing the console’s price and offering bundled packs. At $399 Sony’s PlayStation 3 would still be a bit more expensive compared to Microsoft Xbox 360 premium package, however, the built-in Blu-ray disc player is well worth the extra bucks.

viewpo0.gifView: Original Article

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I'm not surprised! the ps3 has been horrible in sales and there are pretty no games that are fun on it. 360 has halo 3 what does the ps3 have?!?! nothing

i think ps3 has a few good rpg and shooter titles coming out or already out like assassins creed and Socom 4 but Xbox 360 still has some hard hitting games like halo 3 and fable 2(or w/e the new one called).

Yeah man halo 3 is a hitter :) 360 is cool but there system over load thing they got some HDD meltdown problem

so basically sony be killing their blueray players again. ps3 with br that is cheaper then sony br players hmmmm..

kind of like sony music said !@#$ sony computers with the data file

all the game toys have gotten way out of price range for me.

at least a video game will not give you lead poisoning

lol I'm not surprised! the ps3 has been horrible in sales and there are pretty no games that are fun on it. 360 has halo 3 what does the ps3 have?!?! nothing

R u a fanboy ? I'm tired of Halo . Do u only see halo ? It's ur world so small that only game which can go inside is halo ? ;/Open ur mind - halo is not the only game... More of legend less play is all about halo 3...

Don't say PS3 got nothing - for me Ratchet & Clank is far far better than overadverstited bungie game... Also remember that Sony got more 1st party studios than MS with NN! So they can make a bunch of titles and with help directly from sony they could be graph mosters :)

Archived