How do I use Trial-Reset 4.0 Final?

viking

I hope this is the right topic for this.

I have an application Trading Blox Builder (v.3.7.1) with a puny 7-day trial.

Home Page

Program Description

Download

I would like to remove the Trial time limitation.

1. Running ProtectionID, I found: ASProtect SKE v2.1 - v2.2 detected !

2. Clicking on the ASPProtect button in Trial-Reset 4.0 Final, I got the following 4 keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{017BF0EC-0EC1-42DD-54A2-8D25573D2FDA}\

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{40B3CAD6-B24A-8AE0-C836-7875A7785900}\

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ASProtect\

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ASProtect\

What do I do next?

Do I write a custom list? (What is the purpose of such?)

I haven't found any instructions for how to use Trial-Reset 4.0 Final...<_<

• Replies 11
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi man...

you've done all the work almost :D

click on the button that you chose and found those keys and hold it (I think)

there is an option named "Clear"

choose it to remove the keys

you can make right-click and choose "Delete" to remove them one-by-one;

I suggest to take a screenshot on the full name of the scanned and found keys....after or near finishing 7-days you will see keys with similar structure which are owned by the trialware ;)

Hi man...

I suggest to take a screenshot on the full name of the scanned and found keys....after or near finishing 7-days you will see keys with similar structure which are owned by the trialware ;)

Does this mean that I will need to clear those keys every 7-days..? Not very practical..

When Kojootti created a fix for Shadowprotect:

(Post #53)

He created Custom-Rules with Trial-Reset to transform a 30-day trial to 5 years. How would I do this?

[What is the purpose of the Custom-Rules and how are they created - and used]

Hi man...

Does this mean that I will need to clear those keys every 7-days..? Not very practical..

When Kojootti created a fix for Shadowprotect:

(Post #53)

He created Custom-Rules with Trial-Reset to transform a 30-day trial to 5 years. How would I do this?

[What is the purpose of the Custom-Rules and how are they created - and used]

It's a bit sad the author of the program has not written any help files about how to use it and make custom rules...

you could open my custom rule in a notepad since it's a .txt file ...

I'll take a look at this later and see if i can patch the armadillo protection,or then make another 5 years trial ;)

Hi Kojootti!

I am happy that you are still participating here :)!

1. The program in the above example (Trading Blox) is actually using ASProtect SKE v2.1 - v2.2 (not Armadillo). Can this be fixed...? See separate request here: http://www.nsaneforu...g-blox-builder/

2. ShadowProtect, which uses Armadillo, has a new version out now, 4.10 (which is needed to support Virtual Box 4.04).

I was hoping that the custom rules in your Trial Reset method would work with this version. Thus, I first tried it on v4.01, for which you originally had created it. However, I could not even get it to work. Setting the time forward 5 yrs, and applying your custom rules, still only gave me 30 days. Maybe because I had used your other version (cracked exe) first? See more here: http://www.nsaneforu...ct/page__st__60

Not sure how to 'use' trial reset and there doesn't seem to be any helpful documentation. The original poster mentions running 'ProtectionID'...I can't find this option anywhere...is it a separate app or something? A step by step tut would be invaluable since the dev assumes you have esp. :s Just playing around, I selected to scan for armadillo which resulted in 60 keys being found...but how are you supposed to tell what keys are for which apps? Everything about this seems vague...what am I missing? Can't find a tut or guide anywhere that actually tells, step by step, how to use it. :frusty:

fwiw...TrashReg is just as lacking re: instructions. It's a conspiracy I tell you! :(

Not sure how to 'use' trial reset and there doesn't seem to be any helpful documentation. The original poster mentions running 'ProtectionID'...I can't find this option anywhere...is it a separate app or something? A step by step tut would be invaluable since the dev assumes you have esp. :s Just playing around, I selected to scan for armadillo which resulted in 60 keys being found...but how are you supposed to tell what keys are for which apps? Everything about this seems vague...what am I missing? Can't find a tut or guide anywhere that actually tells, step by step, how to use it. :frusty:

fwiw...TrashReg is just as lacking re: instructions. It's a conspiracy I tell you! :(

Sorry, I should have been more explicit, in particular since I am complaining about poor documentation....

1. ProtectionID is separate application that scans files and tells you what protection is being used (if any). It can be found here: http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/

2. True, "Trial Rest 4.0" does not tell which applications created the keys. I do not think that this is possible. I believe that the only way to find out, is to do a scan before and after installation of a program to see which new keys were created.

In fact, I suspect that the Custom list is nothing more than a specification of the keys belonging to a specific program. For example, if I scan before and after installation of a program and find the associated keys, then I can create a custom list of those keys and send to you. Next, after you have installed the same program, you can use this Custom list to directly delete those keys. No need for you to scan and wonder which keys to delete...

Good deal! Huge thx for clearing things up a bit...it makes a lot more sense now. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly Off-Topic:

When I check the option to Autoclean on startup, a startup key (registry key in HKCU/.....) is created with the command "...\trial-reset.exe /AUTOCLEANUP"

However the ASP Keys are not cleaned on startup..

I manually added the command in the startup group, and then it worked.

Why doesn't the registry key method work (I am using WIN7 64, and I set trial-reset to run in admin mode)?

To answer my own post: (This is important if you want to run Trial-reset with the Autoclean option):

First, Trial-reset needs to be set to run with Admin privileges to run properly.

When checking the Autoclean option, Trial-resets creates a registry key to run Trial-reset when the computer starts to clean all requested keys and to reset any Trial periods.

However, programs with Admin privileges are not allowed to automatically start in WIN 7 (or Vista) from the registry key, neither is the UAC prompt shown.

The workaround is to manually add the Trial-reset to the startup group.

If you don't do this, Trial-reset will not automatically reset the Trial period(s)!

See details about auto-starting programs with Admin rights here: http://www.vistax64....le-disable.html

p.s. Why is this post now moved up after I add a recent reply (it is still on 2nd page)?

viking, please start using the Edit button, instead of double posting. Thank you :)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

i could not find on google trial reset 4.0....

It's posted here. :)

Archived