this man has 39 wives, 94 children, 33 grandchildren

majithia23

112126-1_biggest_family_Ziona_Chana_India.jpg

Biggest family in the world lives in BAKTWANG, India. A man called Ziona Chana has 39 wifes and 94 children: a world record worth mentioning.

The head of the family and leader of the "Chana" sect — which allows polygamy — is 66-year-old Ziona Chana who is the 'proud' head of a jumbo sized family of 39 wives, 94 children, 14-daughters-in-laws and 33 grandchildren

To accommodate his huge family he has constructed a 100-room, four storey building in Baktwang village. It almost looks like a hotel.

Photo: He lives with his family in a 100-room, four-storyed house named 'Chhuan That Run' or the House of the New Generation- in the hills of Baktawng village, in the Indian state of Mizoram.

112126-2_biggest_family_Ziona_Chana_India.jpg

All the men of the family work as carpenters

He sleeps in his own double-bedded room while his wives have to adjust in dormitories. The younger wives stay in rooms closer to his room.

During the day he likes to have seven or eight wives with him all the time to wait on him.

All the cooking is done over an open fire kept burning throughout the day. Ziona's eldest wife Zathiangi, 69, delegates all the daily duties around the house to his other wives, their daughters and the daughters-in-law.Surprisingly, all the wives get along very well and there is hardly any infighting among them.

"Today I feel like God''s special child. He''s given me so many people to look after. I consider myself a lucky man to be the husband of 39 women and head of the world''s largest family," says Ziona.

The sect believes in "Kum Sang Rorel" or the rule of 1,000 years by Jesus Christ on Earth as foretold in Bible''s Revelation Chapter 20 and that they would be soon ruling the world with Christ.

Previously known as Khuangtuaha Pawl, the sect was formed on June 12, 1942, after the followers of Khuangtuaha were evicted from Hmawngkawn village by the village chief for propagating "wrong and dangerous" theology.

The sect, till date, celebrates the "Bawkte Kut" or the festival of the hut on June 12 every year to commemorate the formal formation of the sect.

Mr Chana is not finished yet. "To expand my family, I am willing to go even to the United States to marry" he proudly says

MIzo

Mizo

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pathetic reason behind this story is really heart breaks thats the true story of mizoram till nowadays.

is this the same family that was on tv a few years ago? every few years they have to move to a nother building that is bigger. funny how they didnt bring up the cult crap back then on tv.

Archived