eDonkey Spyware?

Guest streaker

Guest streaker

hey guys/girlz, i did a scan with Microsoft Anit-Spyware today and it found eDonkey as spyware, (eDonkey 2000 Software bundler, 200* signatures), and found something called "Overnet". Somethin to worry about? :rolleyes:

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey guys/girlz, i did a scan with Microsoft Anit-Spyware today and it found eDonkey as spyware, (eDonkey 2000 Software bundler, 200* signatures), and found something called "Overnet". Somethin to worry about? :rolleyes:

the older ones of edonkey has spyware, nsane site use to say that. (eDonkey 2000 Unlimited Pro 1.1 was the last one i see that said that on nsane site) the new edonkeys supposely doesnt anymore. then again exeem said they clean up their beta and others said they didnt with the html banner. i think edonkey gives you an option to install or not to install the spyware. i dont know. never used that one. went with nsane pick on eMule MorphXT. you have to install emule and copy the morph over it.

Nope. MSAS also searches for programs that can give you spyware, not just spyware itself. If you did not opt for the spyware during the edonkey install, then you have nothing to worry about. And if you have like K-Lite installed on your comp and it detects that as KMD and spyware, then just ignore that too.

Guest Devil

eDonkey is a threat for novice users, coz while installation new or novice users might think that the options where it asks you to also install the bundled softwares is mandatory and if they don't install that the main installation (eDonkey) might fail as well, which is not the case. Anyways, according to me the best alternative would be eMule. . . . . which serves the purpose very efficiently for me.

• Administrator
eDonkey is a threat for novice users, coz while installation new or novice users might think that the options where it asks you to also install the bundled softwares is mandatory and if they don't install that the main installation (eDonkey) might fail as well, which is not the case.

No longer true. eDonkey had zero adware bundles since a few weeks.

SliverSamuel

I still believe in Limewire and Azureus!!! :usama:

Guest tensegg
hey guys/girlz, i did a scan with Microsoft Anit-Spyware today and it found eDonkey as spyware, (eDonkey 2000 Software bundler, 200* signatures), and found something called "Overnet". Somethin to worry about? :usama:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

overnet is edonkey, used to be a separate prog, but now merged, same dev i think, you can still get an overnet without edonkey I think. :usama:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived