Audio drivers for Dell Inspiron 1521

T0nyB

Hello there, fellow nsaners!

I have had a problem with my laptops sound for a week now. The thing is, the 1st time I installed Windows 7, the sound worked, but the microphone didn't, so I went out there to find a solution.

Read a topic stating you need to install the SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio for Windows Vista, well that worked UNTIL I restarted and there yet again wasn't sound for my laptop (those were A02 drivers)

Then I tried the A03 drivers and that too didn't work. So could you guys help me with my problem? What should I do? I've searched everywhere for the right drivers... (Going back to Vista would be a buzzkill -.-)

EDIT: Tried installing the drivers with Vista SP2 compatibility too, no cigar...

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arent there any drivers support for windows 7 on the Dell website ?

and windows 7 itself comes with a bunch load of all the necessary drivers , dint it work ?

try going to the device manager and then check for the drivers in the affected hardwares properties tab . esp where it says " Let windows search for the best hardware . "

it helped me with my touch pad driver issues .

and try running the Windows updates manually two or three times . it would automatically install any updated versions for any troubleshooting hardware or drivers .

this too helped me , when i had an issue with my printer . it dint work . and after letting WU to run , it automatically configured the best available driver for the printer and its been running fine till then .

try running Driver Genius Pro , , it might find any drivers for your installed hardware ...

Archived