nero alternatives...

toyo

nero 8 is out. over 1gb. even if u install only start smart and burning rom, it is 400mb+. well, 4 me at least, this is where i stop.

saw many nero topics on the forum, but my problem is: i want 2 get rid of nero, what i can replace it with?

i'd prefer a portable software like utorrent, small as they get, decent interface, but not necesarry graphic sophistication. getting the job done (that is burning cd's) without crashing on me in the middle of it. if it is free, ... wat can i say... it would be perfect. no1 likes 2 steal if there is no reason 4 it.

thank u, im waintin 4 ur suggestions.

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thx im giving it a look. i tested micro and lite also, and i recognize their efficient structure, but want 2 try something different, u know. ashampoo is only 20 mb, so its a good sign :)

Id suggest

Imgburn for data cds/dvds/images/copying

Eac or burrn for audio

and vcdeasy for vcd

:)

Edit: forgot infrarecorder as an all around alternative

• 2 weeks later...

ill give infrarecorder a try, 4 the simplicity it offers and coz its a sourceforge project :) thank u all

for music mp3s Nero is the Bomb I use the older version 6.6.1.15 , however for DVD burning I choose Roxio 9 :)

i like roxio 9 also.

i heard only good stuff about roxio. i used it on mac, it was nice. but the suite have 1gb over. exactly was i am trying 2 avoid.

You can also try Cheetah DVD Burner 2.17 which is only 7.7 MB and can burn Audio, Data, Bin and ISO Discs. Other fantastic alternatives are Cyberlink Power2go 5.5 (size 69 MB) and NTI CD & DVD Maker 7.7 (size 50 MB). I recommend Cyberlink Power2go as it has all the desired features and not bloated like Nero or Roxio. If you want full version, just PM me!

• 2 weeks later...

thx all! i settled in the end 4 nero 8 micro as infrarecorder made some very weird audio-data cd's. its 27 mb and seems 2 work ok, and im w8ing 4 the 8.1.1.0 ver 2 come out in micro format now... :) thx again 4 all ur replies, very useful.

:welcome: Hi. I find very good Complex Evolution, its very light and work very well too. This and Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 are my favorite burning software. :)

Links Removed

The two links above are the 100% working version (the installs was make by me :pirate: )

nice job Chocobito! ill have 2 remove the links tho... all of u, please w8 4 the proxy, k?

Thank u!

Archived