Best Nero version?

gest

I am still using a 6.6xxx version because of an old issue with DVDShrink. Now that Nero 8 is on the horizon is any 7.xx version stable and ok to use? Thanks for the help as I have not had the time to keep up with Nero issues lately.

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion so is Nero 7 a big piece of junk.

My personal burning needs is covered with VSO Blindwrite & VSO CopyToDVD

so consensus is 7.xx kinda sucks and 6.6x is good? or are the lite and micro versions ok?

v6.6 Reloaded is a nice piece of software. The Lite & Micro setups pf Nero 7 'works'

Stopped using Nero After they released v7.0

So did I....

It's not only a matter of my PC recourses (i'm nota paying for good and fast hardware to be stucked in the middle of the software mess...) but ....The computer is "mine", not "Nero's"...

Regs...

when it comes to nero i'll only use the light versions as i dont need the rest of the bulky junk.....they've become like roxio lol oh well

• 1 month later...

I've just been reading a 12 page thread over at Neowin on Nero.

I'm thinking of removing my Nero 6 version (I refuse to download 7 or :notworthy:, and I have tried the Micro / Lite versions but it's only recently that Nero fixed some very serious issues.

Anyway, I'm looking at trying out ImgBurn, Ashampoo 7 and possibly another one.

Nero 6 has served me well these past few years, and I know "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is somewhat true... I'm thinking a change might be in order. I'm sure there's a burner out there which is just as good, if not better. ImgBurn has been receiving a lot of praise... aside from the fact it's free, the filesize is extremly small. I also believe it's from the same guy who made DVD Decrypter, so should expect high things on that front.

I've just been reading a 12 page thread over at Neowin on Nero.

I'm thinking of removing my Nero 6 version (I refuse to download 7 or :), and I have tried the Micro / Lite versions but it's only recently that Nero fixed some very serious issues.

Anyway, I'm looking at trying out ImgBurn, Ashampoo 7 and possibly another one.

Nero 6 has served me well these past few years, and I know "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is somewhat true... I'm thinking a change might be in order. I'm sure there's a burner out there which is just as good, if not better. ImgBurn has been receiving a lot of praise... aside from the fact it's free, the filesize is extremly small. I also believe it's from the same guy who made DVD Decrypter, so should expect high things on that front.

ImgBurn is great for making images and burning them (remembering when CDRWIN was the solution for images), especially for setting the Layer-Break on Double Layers. But for people wanting: drag & drop, great Audio CD support, or simply refusing to make "unneeded images" before burns, then... we need a reliable suite.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just reinstalled my Nero 6.6.1.15 after having an unsatisfactory run with the 7 series and even the recent Nero 8.1.1.

I also tried out Ashampoo's offering, and wasn't overly impressed either. Even simple things like burning the VIDEO_TS folders seemed ok at first, but it didn't even allow you to rename the disk. No customisation whatsoever. It also seemed to burn at a slower speed than Nero. Writing the Lead in and so forth took slightly longer as well.

I've installed Nero 8.1.1.0 Lite and I'm going to be testing this out later. If this doesn't please me then I'll be reverting abck to the last Nero 6 edition.

:angry: I always thought that version 6.1.16 was the best and most stable version of nero but sadly as i use vista that version no longer works so i'm stuck with version 7.9.6 although i'd steer well clear of nero8 as it sucks donkey balls,it caused so many problems that i had to reinstall my os.... :)

Archived