Infected! Care to clean?

elohelomg

I was thinking, since some of us here on nsane have somet ime on our hands, and im sure some enjoy the challenge, what would you guys think of the following:

I infect a virutal machine to the brink of destruction. You must clean the computer, and, after each round, there will be more and more limits.

So, round one, ill post the virtual machine upload, infected up the wazoo, and you must clean it all off. The limit (for the first, and the remaining) is you cannot do a clean install. You cannot wipe the sytem out and start fresh.

Would you guys be interested?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. For an ill infected systems I would always prefer a clean install (backing up essential data first) - so no point in rescuing it I feel.

Hehe, I've done this before :P

Get a VM, screw it up as badly as possible and try to fix it. Most of the time it works, but as you said it requires 'some time on your hands', time I currently do not have :rolleyes:

ok dude i like your idea :think: but 1 question what kind infection you are making into it, like zero day, within 0day what kind of malware (i.e) rootkit, torjan, simple virus. or mbr rootkit, playload, drive by download, what kind of infection, i am eagerly waiting for detail info about the infections you made.

ps: please do not tell me general 0day malware, please give me in-depth info as much as possible. :)

ok dude i like your idea :think: but 1 question what kind infection you are making into it, like zero day, within 0day what kind of malware (i.e) rootkit, torjan, simple virus. or mbr rootkit, playload, drive by download, what kind of infection, i am eagerly waiting for detail info about the infections you made.

ps: please do not tell me general 0day malware, please give me in-depth info as much as possible. :)

I would put a little bit of everything. Some common malware, 0 day's, keyloggers, rootkits, trojans you name it. It would be neat if I can bring it to a point where it can no longer boot as well. That would be an interesting challenge.

This idea could also help those malware fighters out there discover new ways, as after words im sure all of us will share or secrets.

Archived