Any recovery software that will do almost any partition

The Pope

Have someones mac that I'm working on and they accidetly wiped the drive.

I already have some good recovery software but they will not read HFS/HFS+ volumes.

Only windows based like ntfs, fat, fat32 ect...

It also has to be a Windows based program/installer

I found this software

http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/windows.html

It seems to do all the fomats but I can't find a poor persons version hint hint.

So does anyone know a program that will install on windows but read mac partitions and is um free :think:

It would be a HUGE help!!!!!!!!!! !!! ! ! ! !

• Replies 5
  • Views 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some great Disk tools on the Ultimate Boot CD. Also check out Hiren's Boot CD. Both are free.

TestDisk was the program I used from the UBCD to recover a broken partition. From the UBCD web site follow the links through TestDisk to get examples and walk-throughs.

Staff Note: Please use the Edit function. Thank you.

Thanks guys for the replies!!! :lol:

I did end up finding one after looking for a week on one of the worst places... U all know where!!! :ph34r:

I'll post it when I get a chance if anyone wants it. Here is the companies link

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

It did read every partition without a hitch including mac...

Only thing I didn't like is the way it recovered the data it kind of threw everything in different directories.

However the good thing is it recovered the customers data from a deleted mac partition to a windows partition/install and that is rare.

good to hear old fella,

BTW if no replies means no significant ideas- not that peeps dont care ;)

Could post back as step by step as how did you?

I mean used win app to recover Mac files- good job indeed! B)

good to hear old fella,

BTW if no replies means no significant ideas- not that peeps dont care ;)

Could post back as step by step as how did you?

I mean used win app to recover Mac files- good job indeed! B)

I was just happy someone replied with other ideas/software 2, 3 heads are better than 1 :idea:

Actually the software did all the work I didn't do anything except slave the mac hard drive to a pc.

It recognized the drive and ran a deep scan, it took about 6hrs but recovered all 40GB of the customers data.

Like most recovery software it can't bring back the original names of the files it relabels them as "recovered_lost_file_1100024" or something like that.

Here is the link I didn't re-up it so it's source is from :locked: However It is clean I checked before I ran it on my work PC, if it does come up it's prob a false pos.

Site: https://rs651l35.rapidshare.com

Sharecode: /files/450854326/y-sockz_GetData_Recover_My_Files_Professional_4.6.8.1012.zip

Archived