Windows 8 Live ID login image leaks and other features surface

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

gaE8N.jpg

Microsoft is hard at work on its next major operating system. With Windows 8 due out in 2012, the closer we get to the product launch, the more information will surface about the included features.

A Chinese site, Win7china, (via windows8beta.com) has landed new information about what Microsoft will be including in the next major Windows release. The site states that Windows 8 will have a factory restore feature that will return the computer to its factory state in under 2 minutes and that the installation time of Windows 8 M3 took 8 minutes to install. This install time is approximately 2.5 times faster than Windows 7.

The factory restore feature will not require a disk to be inserted to accomplish this task and the required hard disk space to do this is said to be minimal.

The Chinese site also confirmed several other items that we knew would be incorporated into Windows 8 including an app store and the ability to log in using Windows Live ID. The picture below was also leaked that shows the Windows Live ID login in the task bar that confirms the Windows Live ID login.

Au0Bn.jpg

HtL7I.jpg

The mouse taskbar tile is highlighted because Windows 8 now shows driver installation progress.

bJQAx.jpg

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

So this is what they meant by "Windows 8 will be a cloud OS"? :think:

Somehow I'm not happy with the cloud integration with the OS directly. Rest of the matters aside, it's too risky security wise IMO. And last, this means we are "forced" to use a cloud and social networked OS.

8 minutes installation time, if true, is nice. :)

T4C Fantasy

keep in mind the interface will also change, might not be dramatic but it will definetly not look like windows 7

also interface changes come last in the build labs, seen in all builds of every os from ms,interface is the same until features are set in stone

Live ID login? Oww, this sounds potentially frightening. What if they add the serial to the Live accounts? This would make for a "needed Internet connection" type of OS and it would obviously suck... :unsure:

T4C Fantasy

Live ID login? Oww, this sounds potentially frightening. What if they add the serial to the Live accounts? This would make for a "needed Internet connection" type of OS and it would obviously suck... :unsure:

im pretty sure they wont do that ona desktop form factor type pc version of the os, it would destroy the company.. literally, however the tablet version wont be a problem

I see it as to be licensed for certain PC's, which are like notebooks or else with minimal 3'rd party support. I don not believe Win* will be intended to be replacing win7 at all- thus might be left on as for home user, in order to support required hardware bits/software features etc.

T4C Fantasy

I see it as to be licensed for certain PC's, which are like notebooks or else with minimal 3'rd party support. I don not believe Win* will be intended to be replacing win7 at all- thus might be left on as for home user, in order to support required hardware bits/software features etc.

what this os will do is simple, it will detect your hardware and install accordingly, there will be no limited access on a full desktop pc, tablets will be different

well, so many hardware producers had spent zillions on they drivers/software to be unique in order to have licensing revenue, M$ will not say- Live by our rules or else. On the other hand- support could be made easy for such if to think approach OS function differently (driver packs)- size of 1gb complete...

we'll have to wait and see, but still my $0.2ct is for new win8(x) to be hardware/license specific machines, not an replacement to normal desktop environment.

T4C Fantasy

well, so many hardware producers had spent zillions on they drivers/software to be unique in order to have licensing revenue, M$ will not say- Live by our rules or else. On the other hand- support could be made easy for such if to think approach OS function differently (driver packs)- size of 1gb complete...

we'll have to wait and see, but still my $0.2ct is for new win8(x) to be hardware/license specific machines, not an replacement to normal desktop environment.

i think people are misunderstanding the whole point of the new OS, its merely adapting cloud functionality into the core of the OS, cloud based software isnt that new, esspecially since microsoft already offers azure to be installed on windows vista and up, the thing is, if you want to upgrade, it will upgrade the os's core componants like vista to 7 and thats it. microsoft has mentioned that its os will be compatible with atom processors and etc. aka tablet pc hardware, if it reads you have pentium 4 478pin for example, it definetly will not adapt those drivers ^_^

• Administrator

[update] Windows 8 installed in 8 minutes on a machine with 24 GB of ram

Earlier today the first images of Windows 8 hit the web and with them came a bit of information that seemed suspicious about Windows 8 M3 being installed in 8 minutes. But after looking deeper into the source of the information, the source disclosed a bit of details about the machine that was used to test Windows 8 M3.

The source said that the machine used to test M3 had 24GB of RAM and an 8 core processor, hardly commonplace at this time. But the source did state that it was not an SSD that was in the machine but instead a traditional 2 TB hard drive. Finally, it was most likely installed from local storage and not from a DVD. While an 8 minute install time is something to lust after, it is highly unlikely that end users will experience an install that is anything close to that speed.

Even though the machine is far superior to that of the average consumer, there is still hope that Windows 8 will install faster than its predecessor. But, if you are expecting to drop the DVD in, wait 8 minutes, and be up and running in Windows 8, you will be sadly disappointed.

view.gif View: Original Article

Archived