What system tools does everybody use?

Chris`

Hi everybody I was wondering what combination of system utilities everybody uses? I am asking because I am currently using jv16powertools, windows 7 manager, and ccleaner for registry maintenance, and was wondering if there are any better programs or more effective programs to use?

Staff Note: moved to the correct forum

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mostly the same as what you are using:

Windows 7 manager - mostly used for tweaking win7

Ccleaner - for crap cleaning

Driver genius pro - for updating drivers

PerfectDisk - for defrag

Hi everybody I was wondering what combination of system utilities everybody uses? I am asking because I am currently using jv16powertools, windows 7 manager, and ccleaner for registry maintenance, and was wondering if there are any better programs or more effective programs to use?

when you have a whole plethora of system managing and tweaking tools , (both paid and free ) , to choose from ,,,,

its a matter of personal opinions as to what suits your needs .......

just have a look at this thread for a better understanding of what these tools are and what they actually do ----

Here ...

Well, I use jv16 PowerTools, TuneUp Utilities and Windows 7 manager for cleaning and mantaining the computer plus CCleaner for the obvious reason it is used - cleaning crap

Since Windows 7 came out, I have had very little need for any real system tools but things I consider using are an old registry crawler which is no longer developed also use Auto Runs to keep tabs on my start ups.

Windows 7 is so stable that it can take a beating with out having to do any tweaking like we had to do with windows XP. Just my opinion / experience.

Thanks for the replies everybody!

CCleaner and Tune-up Utilities. Both of them have never disappoint me... :dance2:

• Administrator

By priority/usage:

CCleaner.

jv16.

Revo Pro (it's junk files cleaner is also good).

Diskeeper.

Ultimate Defrag.

Windows 7 Manager.

• Tuneup Utilities (general house keeping and used for most situations)
  • Driver Genius Professional (For drivers)
  • Driver Sweeper (to clear out old drivers)
  • CCleaner (use every now and then when not using TuneUp)
  • CoreTemp (Shows CPU Core Temps in my Sidebar gadget)
  • Process Explorer (replaces standard task manager with a bit of a more sophisticated task manager)
  • Daemon Tools (for mounting my virtual discs (iso's))
  • Your Unin-staller!(to remove programs fully)

Other general stuff not sure if relevant to post but felt like adding them:
  • AIDA64 Extreme Edition (for checking all system info)
  • Cports (Checks ports that programs' have opened)
  • Simple Port Forwarding (manage ports to open and close and what not on router)
  • inSSIDer 2.0 (to check wireless signals/channels around my area to maintain best wireless signal for router)
  • Password Utility (for creating those stronger unbreakable passwords for certain things)
  • Teamviewer (remote viewer software, has become my most favourite utility as can gain access to pc anywhere i like)
  • Filezilla FTP Server (make your PC serve as a FTP Server, great for grabbing important files without the need for discs/usb's)
  • Network Magic Pro (Came with linksys router, great for seeing what is connected to the network)
  • HDTune (Check hard-drive status and health)
  • DynDNS Updater(update your free domain from DynDNS to the dynamic IP)
  • Logmein Hamachi (great for linking to friends for those private gaming events)

That would be it for now :P lol nice long list now obviously I don't leave all of them running 24/7 nor all on startup, as would kill the PC, but basically ones i leave on are:

Tuneup, Filezilla, Teamviewer, Network Magic Pro, Hamachi, Daemon Tools, CoreTemp.

Edit: Updated info on Simple Port Forwarding

I'll add Glary Utilities free to the growing list :) I like it a lot. Use this and TU2011 for registry. Safe as it gets I think.

Tuneup Utilities 2011

CCleaner with CCenhancer

Yamicsoft XP/7 manager

Ace Utilities

mostly the same as what you are using:

Windows 7 manager - mostly used for tweaking win7

Ccleaner - for crap cleaning

Driver genius pro - for updating drivers

PerfectDisk - for defrag

I use those for the same purpose ;) B) :dance2:

and so i use:

TU2011