Very weird Vista problem

vin3e

Ok.

After I installed the SP1 patch and it rebooted for me. The system seem to run like a dream. Everything opened and responded really quick.

Now when i manually restarted my laptop... I have 3 programs running at startup daemon, my dialup and cFos speed. When it loads to the desktop. None of these load but my activity light is going crazy.

I tried to figure out why it takes so long so i went to the task manager and checked the performance tab.. I clicked on the resourse monitor and under the disk tab... There were well over 50 instances of svchost.exe and several perfmon.exe running. Followed by a whole list of my music as well. After a while, they all disappear and my laptop is fast again.

and followed by a screenshot of after its all cooled down.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont have an AV or firewall!

you may need one now.when did u last do a virus or spyware check?

Being careful alone isn't enough when it comes to Microsoft.

I am willing to bet that you have something yet since you are denying anything in THAT area, you might be infected but blind to this fact.

I say at least get AVG free edition or something just to be sure.

If all else fails, head over to www.trendmicro.com/housecall and do a scan!

Ah im not worried abotu viruses or crapware! Im quite careful in terms of internet security!

everest ultimate says that too many instances of that is usually a virus.i suggest you at least visit a free virus check website.

Well thanks guys. I thought it was worth a shot and nothing came up but tracking cookies.

I will back up my HD and go for a fresh install and update to SP1 before I install all my other programs on it ;]

THANKS

Archived