Daz loader for MSI X340 Slim

majithia23

hello friends ...

well my younger bro got a MSI X340 Slim notebook that comes pre loaded with Windows 7 home basic .

i was thinking of upgrading it to windows 7 ultimate ., using Daz loader ..

would Daz loader work fine for this one ?

safe to go for it ?

any precautions / recommendations / opinions ?

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is a new PC and I am pretty sure it does have Slic 2.1, you don't need to use a loader ... just download windows 7 ultimate ... pop it in the cd drive and overwrite your existing windows 7 basic OS ... after that use OpaTool to install corresponding certificate that matches the SLIC's brand of your bios and OEM slp key for windows 7 ultimate. You can also do it manually ... all info you need is in that link ... goodluck! ;)

OpaTool:

Site: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/

Sharecode: threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository?p=149816#post149816 [?]

Just click "Windows anytime upgrade" and it will ask you for a new serial key, enter the key for the edition of Windows you want to upgrade to for your brand of PC and click next. You can find keys in the ini file that comes with daz loader. You should not need any cd or anything, Windows already comes with all the files for setup on the hdd regardless of which edition you install, it's just a matter of using the anytime upgrade feature. No need for roundabout methods when you can use the official feature for this.

Since this is a new PC and I am pretty sure it does have Slic 2.1, you don't need to use a loader ... just download windows 7 ultimate ... pop it in the cd drive and overwrite your existing windows 7 basic OS ... after that use OpaTool to install corresponding certificate that matches the SLIC's brand of your bios and OEM slp key for windows 7 ultimate. You can also do it manually ... all info you need is in that link ... goodluck! ;)

dont even need to use opatool, just go to the source off all information:

Site: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/

Sharecode: threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository [?]

Read section F-a and F-b

ok ,

now will be checking the system to confirm Slic2.1 .

if its there then Opa tool will do the job. insert certificate and key .

doesnt Daz loader also has an option for inserting the key and license and to skip the loader .. ?

and secondly ,

tell if Windows Ultimate X86 would be an overkill for these specs or would it run fine ...

-Intel Core2 Solo U3500 @ 1.4 Ghz

-Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset ( min graphics memory 32 mb : max graphics memory 814 mb )

-2048 MB DDR2 ram

-DirectX 10

-320 Gb HD

think.gif

Just click "Windows anytime upgrade" and it will ask you for a new serial key, enter the key for the edition of Windows you want to upgrade to for your brand of PC and click next. You can find keys in the ini file that comes with daz loader. You should not need any cd or anything, Windows already comes with all the files for setup on the hdd regardless of which edition you install, it's just a matter of using the anytime upgrade feature. No need for roundabout methods when you can use the official feature for this.

ok ,

now this sounds nice and easy ...

so what i need to do is ,

simply download the latest Daz loader and locate the activation key for my brand pc in the .ini file and just use it ... ??

thats it ...???

ok ,

now this sounds nice and easy ...

so what i need to do is ,

simply download the latest Daz loader and locate the activation key for my brand pc in the .ini file and just use it ... ??

thats it ...???

Yup.

thanks for the prompt reply leet .

ok ,

now the configuration file provides only a windows professional key for MSI make .

1- so windows ultimate wont go on MSI ?

2- this key is for all makes of MSI notebooks ??

and can you please have a look at the net book specs and advice if it would be OK to upgrade to a higher version ...

i mean would the hardware be able to handle AERO ?

system slowing on upgrade ...?

thanks man ...

Since you have windows 7 basic you can only do anytime upgrade to windows home premium not pro or ultimate.Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

EDIT:

My bad .. yes you can do anytime upgrade from basic to ultimate.

You can find none brand specific OEM SLP keys here:

Site: http://forums.mydigitallife.info

Sharecode:  /threads/10370-Windows-7-OEM-SLP-Key-Collection [?]

ok ,

now the configuration file provides only a windows professional key for MSI make .

and can you please have a look at the net book specs and advice if it would be OK to upgrade to a higher version ...

thanks man ...

Use any OEM Ultimate Key. Keys.ini has several 7 ultimate OEM keys in there, just pick one even if it does not match your manufacturer, the key itself has no effect on the branding of your computer so pick anyone. The site posted by nivrid05 will confirm this.

Yes Intel 4 Series Graphics can handle Aero so your hardware is fine.

You had me worried for a moment there nivrid. :ph34r:

mah bad ... I know I read about that somewhere but checking MS site confirmed that I was wrong :rofl:

mah bad ... I know I read about that somewhere but checking MS site confirmed that I was wrong :rofl:

Good thing you checked it out to be sure, I don't put these things past Microsoft, they do many weird things for the sake of licensing. I was about to go do some investigating myself but then I saw you checked it out so I'm glad it works else he would have had to reinstall. ^_^

Since you have windows 7 basic you can only do anytime upgrade to windows home premium not pro or ultimate.Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

EDIT:

My bad .. yes you can do anytime upgrade from basic to ultimate.

You can find none brand specific OEM SLP keys here:

Site: http://forums.mydigitallife.info

Sharecode:  /threads/10370-Windows-7-OEM-SLP-Key-Collection [?]

ok ,

thanks man ...

Use any OEM Ultimate Key. Keys.ini has several 7 ultimate OEM keys in there, just pick one even if it does not match your manufacturer, the key itself has no effect on the branding of your computer so pick anyone. The site posted by nivrid05 will confirm this.

Yes Intel 4 Series Graphics can handle Aero so your hardware is fine.

all right thanks guys ...

got it ....

tested .. the slic is 2.1

going to hit any time upgrade with a Sony key ... ;)

will report back shortly ....

damn ....!

that was easy ..!

win 7 basic to Ultimate in less than 5 mins !! rolleyes.gif

just a key , and no need for any loaders and full installation ....!

( so be it any version of windows , it holds the activation files of all the version inside it ...?!! )

thanks guys ...

+1 nivrid

+1 Leet .

just a key , and no need for any loaders and full installation ....!

( so be it any version of windows , it holds the activation files of all the version inside it ...?!! )

Windows 7 is like this, it uses a feature based model as opposed to a file installation model so all the files are already installed, just a matter of enabling/disabling features. That's why when you go to Control Panel in Programs and Features you cannot remove or uninstall anything that comes with Windows but you can tick boxes to enable/disable them. Believe it or not this model actually increases their sales because it makes it easy for home users to just buy upgrades from Microsoft and use the Anytime Upgrade feature which people like because it is fast and easy and saves them a trip to the computer tech.

I believe Vista as well but not 100% sure.

After reading this I am seriously thinking of upgrading my home premium to ultimate, I just have a quick question. After i click "upgrade" and it upgrades will all my settings and preferences be transferred over, or will I have to do it all over again? sorry for this noob question!

After reading this I am seriously thinking of upgrading my home premium to ultimate, I just have a quick question. After i click "upgrade" and it upgrades will all my settings and preferences be transferred over, or will I have to do it all over again? sorry for this noob question!

No need to worry all your settings and files will remain exactly where they are. :rolleyes: You won't have to reinstall any programs or transfer any settings etc. those things remain intact.

• Administrator

After looking at all this I'm considering that I should uninstall the Daz Loader from my Ultimate and insert a serial when it says my Windows has expired. Possible? :rolleyes:

@Leet

that explains the quick work around .

and i dont think Vista supported this .

last time ( an year ago ) when i upgraded my Vista to Win 7 , had to take care of a lot many things , had to be careful . though it went fine later . used Daz then .

@Chris

go ahead man .

dont worry about a thing . the upgrade runs for less then 5 mins . as if like you installed a regular update and the system restarts as usually but with the big difference that the Log On screen now says - Windows Ultimate ... ;)

everything remains as it is . all settings and all the installed programs .

after the system restarts , just run the Windows Update service.

windows will automatically download all the regular updates and also updates for all the installed hardware and devices , if any of the previous installed drivers and updates troubleshoot .. ( my bluetooth stopped working , so ..... )

enjoy your upgrade

@Dkt

i think it would work .

your bios must be having Slic 2.1 .

If it doesn't have SLIC 2.1, you can mod it (like I did). I updated the BIOS as ASUS released new versions, and the modding went nice, except a couple of times when I messed up the certificates :P

If it doesn't have SLIC 2.1, you can mod it (like I did). I updated the BIOS as ASUS released new versions, and the modding went nice, except a couple of times when I messed up the certificates :P

yes,, read that some where,,,,

the best way to get the complete advantage of genuine windows is to go for a BIOS mod ( if u dont have a 2.1 ) ,

and the second best is a loader .

but only if you know how to mod your BIOS or you have it modded from some one who knows well what he is doing or else .... fear.gif

i remember i waited 2 months for HP to give me a BIOS update .

and when it did give , damn those jokers nothing was changed . still had 2.0 . the morons just changed the version numbers .

then went for the Daz . and it still is going strong ... ! sneaky2.gif

• Administrator

I guess I'll stick with Daz. Talking about BIOS update, I forgot that Asus has released v1807. Wait a second they have released 2003 just three days ago. Going to update via the pendrive + EZFlash. :dance2:

I guess I'll stick with Daz. Talking about BIOS update, I forgot that Asus has released v1807. Wait a second they have released 2003 just three days ago. Going to update via the pendrive + EZFlash. :dance2:

I know deep down you really want me to mod that bios for you. ;)

• Administrator

I know deep down you really want me to mod that bios for you. ;)

Nah. I don't like BIOS modding. :P

ANW, BIOS updated to v2003 fine. :D

Odd though I checked it on Asus Utility and it doesn't have last two updates but the website (Indian version) has it. :blink: So yeah downloaded through website.

Right on while it was writing the BIOS, it hung at last three bars, almost got a heat fail. :P But was fine after couple of seconds.

The latest BIOS has many changes and it now shows my DVD drive in the storage info when at AHCI, it didn't in previous one. Dunno why they say you shouldn't flash your BIOS unless extreme need. It improves stability than why not. I've got this RAM problem so I thought I should better update it.

Last, why can't MOBO manufacturers don't include GPU temp in BIOS, it'd be very useful.

Archived