Motherboard failcode

Anteus

Need to indentify an error code on a Asrock motherboard, only fans goes on when start and the green power LED flashes onces (fast)

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The processs of eliminating:

Firstlty unplug everything from MOBO, then remove batery ( or BIOS chip) for a minute, then (If you do have putty) remove and reinsert CPU (with Rad, fan), if you do have spare RAM slots try to reinsert in to those, Quite possible if you use Graphiks card- remove- insert display through MOBO's own.... cross fingers and start again :frusty:

First thing's first... without removing anything... are you able to load up the BIOS alone?

If so check the temperatures. Do they appear unusually high?

Are your fans operating slower than usual? Are they even working at all?

Has dust and debris managed to block the fans workings? Not just on case fans, but the graphics card and motherboard fans too. Is the PSU clear of any obstructions?

Look at all of these things first, before looking to replace the equipment. Would be a little silly if you replaced a PSU / Motherboard when it was the work of overheating.

First it's not mine (could need help with my own ATI 9800PRO fan it's starting to fail, needs to be started by hand...) the MOBO is a friends but I've checked it and reseted CMOS (by jumper and battery), pulled out and putted back in the graph, checked the fans the only failcode i get out is the green power LED (next to the start button) flashes once fast when starting it. I remember a page I saw for like a month ago were you could see what was wrong when the LED flashes once and so on... but I don't remeber the adress or so.

Archived