Roman Catholic Church Approves Confession App

Alpha1BA

Roman Catholic Church Approves Confession App

Tuesday, 8th February 2011, 09:02 am

The Roman Catholic Church has given its blessing to an iOS app that lets users prepare for and participate in the Rite of Penance.

Designed to be used in the confessional, this app is the perfect aid for every penitent. With a personalized examination of conscience for each user, password protected profiles, and a step-by-step guide to the sacrament, this app invites Catholics to prayerfully prepare for and participate in the Rite of Penance. Individuals who have been away from the sacrament for some time will find Confession: A Roman Catholic App to be a useful and inviting tool.

The text of this app was developed in collaboration with Rev. Thomas G. Weinandy, OFM, Executive Director of the Secretariat for Doctrine and Pastoral Practices of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, and Rev. Dan Scheidt, pastor of Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Mishawaka, IN. The app received an imprimatur from Bishop Kevin C. Rhodes of the Diocese of Fort Wayne – South Bend. It is the first known imprimatur to be given for an iPhone/iPad app.

Features:

- Custom examination of Conscience based upon age, sex, and vocation (single, married, priest, or religious)

- Multiple user support with password protected accounts

- Ability to add sins not listed in standard examination of conscience

- Confession walkthrough including time of last confession in days, weeks, months, and years

- Choose from 7 different acts of contrition

- Custom interface for iPad

- Full retina display support

What's New In This Version:

- fixed prayers not displaying on iPad prayer tab

- fixed hidden login buttons when logging in on iPhone or iPod Touch

- fixed missing splash image on iPhone & iPod Touch

- fixed incorrect colors on step 2 in Confession tab

- fixed occasional app crash when deleting users

- added category highlighting to iPad Examination of Conscience

You can purchase Confession: A Roman Catholic App from the App Store for $1.99.

Read More [via BBC]

47612.jpg47613.jpg47614.jpg

47615.jpg47616.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 8, 2011 10:57 AM PST

Catholic Church approves Confession app

Tweet confession_logo.jpg (Credit: Little iApps) Get ready for the iPhone spiritual coach. The Catholic Church in the U.S. has approved an app that prepares Catholics for confession.

Confession: A Roman Catholic App is designed to make confession easier for Christians. Developer Little iApps bills it as "the perfect aid for every penitent."

It offers users a step-by-step guide to the Rite of Penance and is meant to be used in a church confessional. It's not a substitute for a priest.

Users create password-protected profiles and then go through a series of soul-searching questions related to the Ten Commandments. For the First Commandment, for example, the app asks, "Have I been involved with superstitious practices or have I been involved with the occult?"

The app was designed in collaboration with a Church official and approved by Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend as the first officially sanctioned iPhone/iPad app, according to Little iApps.

Confession also lets users create "custom examinations of conscience" and log "custom sins." It also coaches penitents on responses to a priest's exhortations such as "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good."

Prayers stored in the app include such classics as the Lord's Prayer, the Apostles' Creed, and Hail Mary.

Confession: A Roman Catholic App is available for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch for $1.99 on iTunes. According to Chip Leinen of Little iApps, a portion of the revenues will go to two charities.

Confession.JPG That'll be four Hail Marys, my son.

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the what? :huh: :lmao: as per normal.. I had several whimsical retorts.. but it could be disrespectful... and taken as tasteless.. :rolleyes: - LOL Anyone want the Form Letter?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not Christian but I find the idea of this app is insulting. I feel it only succeeds in belittling the religion. What next? an app for an A.I. Priest? Gimme a break!

• Administrator

I believe the Vatican already rejected it. ;)

Archived