What is the best DVD backup app

Hitman6267

Hello, I've tried several and I was wondering if someo ne has any recomendations. Currently I'm using InterVideo DVDCopy5 and the results were great, I remember a long time ago i used clonedvd but can't remember the outcome. Any one has any recomendations on what they think is the overall best? (The backupping is done on a 4.7 DVD so compressing is needed.)

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

used that also, InterVideo DVDCopy5 had a better quality and i had a problem with the sound being very low with it.

tried all the options in dvdfab, i cant remember their name but the ones that analyse the dvd so it can do a better compression.

• 2 weeks later...
I've tried several and I was wondering if someo ne has any recomendations. Currently I'm using InterVideo DVDCopy5 and the results were great...
why would you change your method if you're satisfied with the output?

I'd say leave it at what you got, unless you are unhappy with quality or compatibility.

apart form that, DVD-Rebuilder in conjunction with a good encoder like CCE, HC or ProCoder is my first choice.

Try Rip It 4 Me it uses dvd decryptor and dvd shrink and you need nero to burn it, dvd shrink requires you to have nero to burn to disc, but i have used this for over 2 years now and have had not 1 problem, and also it broke encryption on my saw 3 movie which at the time anydvd couldn't even handle it :dance2:

Try Rip It 4 Me it uses dvd decryptor and dvd shrink...
yes RipIt4Me does use DVD Shrink, but only to check if the copied files are without any errors (as detected by DVD Shrink), NOT to transcode.
...and you need nero to burn it dvd shrink requires you to have nero to burn to disc
although DVD Shrink allows to burn with Nero, you don't necessary need Nero to burn, you could also use any other burning program of your liking.

Try Rip It 4 Me it uses dvd decryptor and dvd shrink...
yes RipIt4Me does use DVD Shrink, but only to check if the copied files are without any errors (as detected by DVD Shrink), NOT to transcode.
...and you need nero to burn it dvd shrink requires you to have nero to burn to disc
although DVD Shrink allows to burn with Nero, you don't necessary need Nero to burn, you could also use any other burning program of your liking.

Correct, I use RipIt4Me+DVDdecrypter+FixVTS to rip and clean, Vobblanker to do minor editting (or PGCEdit or DVDRemakePro) and DVDShrink to compress if needed, Imgburn to burn (all free except DVDRemakePro). (My prefered way)

DVDFab HD Decrypter w/DVDShrink and Imgburn is a bit simpler. (all free)

AnyDVD w/DVDShrink even simpler. I just never cared for anydvd or nero, many swear by them.

CloneDVD simplest.

Though I've recently switched to a Mac computer so I gotta find/try mac options for backups soon.

I agree with wheelie4, RipIt4Me with DVDDecrypter, FixVTS and DVDshrink are the best programs for your job. Unfortunately, RipIt4Me is suported no more, but it does the job for me,it bypass all the protections. When it stops working, I will be using the second choice of Wheelie4, DVDFab HD Decrypter->FixVTS and DVDShrink. All free again. And always ImgBurn for burning

If the question is "best", with money not being an object, then DVD Rebuilder with CCE is the best.

As to ripping it on the hard drive, I still use DVD Decrypter in conjunction with AnyDVD.

Robert

Archived