How to BLOCK history deletion in Firefox 3?

Win7nerd

is there any special code thing i can use in the about: config to BLOCK history deletion in firefox 3?

id prefer no addons but if you see one on the net that works and can explain it in English ill try it out lol

(btw ive googled and to no avail, and YES i did find an alternate app for my ipod name thing :)

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about running in Private Mode or just normally running FF.. because in Options ( Alt + O ), you have options which control this area of your browser... Changing this setting should be easy enough...

• Administrator

I'm not too sure, infact, I'm just shooting in air, but try setting a master password. Tools > Options > Security > Master Password.

All that is going to do is cause you to have to put in a password every time you load a site that wants access to your credentials and or have an encrypted connection.. Sounded like a good idea one day.. then like every load.. password please.. sometimes even when starting up..... and only works correctly ( or used to ) when you have TLS modifications made... cannot be used with SSL settings...

Privacy Section of Options.. you have three choices to make.. and if you startup in Private Mode you really relinquish control over this area.. check each one and see what options you have... You should be able to tell FF what to clear and what not to... Some use Private Mode and others simply run normally and have settings for all of the files and areas which can be checked and unchecked... as well as days to delete.. FF has some nice settings... in this area... You have to beware of other extensions that may do this as well.. Such as Anonymizer Cookie and Better Privacy.. and Tor Extension settings...

If you really want to mess around in the about:config ... then go there and type in History and look through/for results.. and see which ones come up that suit your needs but I think you should be able to find hat you are looking for in the Options..

• Administrator

But the problem here is, she wants the history to stay. In other words, she doesn't want anyone to delete it.

You could start backing up you stuff with FEBE... and keep it with you... The problem I think being that most people want to do just the opposite for security and just all around housekeeping...

More details about what is necessary and why would be helpful.. really only finding a simple settings which are already available in the about:config .. There are quite a few things that actually can be the culprit of clearing the history out.. even SpeedyFox...

Could always check here... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=history&cat=all&x=0&y=0

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=530087&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0

Archived