What source do I use

Win7nerd

How/ what add-on app and what source do I use to change the iPod name to one I desire I had added one from a source I entered but I don't know the source but I know the name of the app through cydia: it was called "iname" I had to rid all of my cydia apps cuz I wanted an untethered jailbreak. Mods please don't delete cuz I'm not exactly sure where this would go lol but if anyone would please help me in finding the right source and knows where to get the cydia based app called iname it would be kickass :) PLEASE HELP :)

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iName is on the ModMyi repo :)

Ive done some googling and It is said to not work :( tried myself and didn't work :( the source link any other suggestions or repos that will actually have the same tool that does what I need and actually WORK? :( any suggestions welcome or alternatives too

But thank you for the valuable info purplebeanz :D it got me started

<br />@Win7nerd:<br /><br />Why don't you try iTunes?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Bit confused?

when you go on itunes on your computer/laptop on the far left your ipods name will be there, jst like renaming any folder click on it 1 or twice and the name should be highlighted, just re type it then :)

7022d1193106257t-iphone-owners-name-picture-2.png

double-click on the name of the iphone in that devices list. then, the name of the iphone should turn a different color (mine turns orange because that's the default highlight color i've selected in the OS - see the attached screenshot). once it changes color, start typing away and what you type replaces the existing name. hit return when you're done and that's it!

no, guys i mean the "ipod" name ON my ipod i need to know the source for the tool, or an alternative WORKING one :) sorry for the confusion it was meant for the "ipod" name on IPOD itself lol :D

no, guys i mean the "ipod" name ON my ipod i need to know the source for the tool, or an alternative WORKING one :) sorry for the confusion it was meant for the "ipod" name on IPOD itself lol :D

Yes, I believe, that is how you change the name

Archived