Best Video Player currently

Atasas

Downloaded couple of smaller films and audio is out of sync due to subs...

downloaded load of subs either audio out of of sync, either pic is sketchy(VLC)

Installing/reinstalling Load of Players and here are likes/don't of some:

Pot P- liked for a while, due to low resources, but sync issue with few .mkv files drove me mad now

VLC P- cache rebuilding thingy, struggles to render .mkv files smoothly, no choice of manual centralized sub downloading

GOM P- Ask toolbar, all would be well, but pain (in my particular case) to adjust sound speed/subs to the film as after setting all to near good level- paused, restarted- all settings got lost...

MPC HC(cant chew subs anyway) quick suggestion on which to try?

BS P- control panel was hidden?hell of a job and sound was still out of sync; same as with with GOM.

Uninstalling all Media P's restarting sys soon and thinking of anyone could suggest a Player , that would be Lammers proof for being simple and effective to adjust sound and .srf synchronization?

anybody have best /favorite place for subs? (apart from google)

Thanks!

WBB v soon

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to use Subscene if i require subtitles,they've always had what i wanted.

http://subscene.com/

TY guys for subs suggestion

anyone would recommend Player now? :whistle:

(love picking brains of nSaners :sneaky:)

• Administrator

VLC P- cache rebuilding thingy

Set the executable of VLC to Vista SP1 Compatibility mode. And you'll never see that Cache Rebuilding window again. :)

I personally prefer WMP + FFDSHOW. Call me mad but this combination gives me all the power, performance, and quality for my needs.

Set the executable of VLC to Vista SP1 Compatibility mode. And you'll never see that Cache Rebuilding window again. :)

I personally prefer WMP + FFDSHOW. Call me mad but this combination gives me all the power, performance, and quality for my needs.

...I run Win7

WMP?... does it handle subs alright?- can I adjust sound sync manually?

• Administrator

...I run Win7

WMP?... does it handle subs alright?- can I adjust sound sync manually?

Even I'm on Windows 7. Just set the VLC's exe to Windows Vista SP1 Compatibility mode from it's properties.

About WMP, I don't think so. But DirectVobSub, which comes in K-Lite Codec Pack and starts with FFDSHOW whenever there's a subtitle, seems to be having a thing to do it. Here's a pic:

O7TqU.png

Basically, WMP is just a player I have a habit of. Everything I want comes from ffdshow and other K-Lite apps.

Thanks DKT

from what I see- I'll never be able to set up sync as from few mins in to the film then... (as where few secs of scenes where cut out)

I was never going to use WMP again... and not this time it seems

still haven't restarted PC... :frusty:, will do that and install KMP for a change, but doubt it'll be "savior"

B soon!

• Administrator

Have you tried manually editing a subtitle file? :P

I try this and it still continues to pause and build font cache, I got sick of this same problem with VLC.

So far the best video player that I have tried for Windows 7 is JetAudio, it plays all the video with much better quality and has many different setting to resize the videos without losing quality.

Despite the name Audio, it is an excellent video player. I've tried them all and none can bet what it can do. Of coarse for audio files I use WinAmp because it supports 5.1 studio but its video quality sucks.

Thanks.:D

Have you tried manually editing a subtitle file? :P

No! as it is silly to do... after certain time, subs will become out of sync again :frusty:

KMP- cant chew on subs, but I'll keep it and still open-minded (again) as what player to be having as main one in future ? :unsure: have to say, that quite few have show little support for few rare formats as .3gp or even .flv, but KMP is OK for that ^_^

surprisingly out of all- GOM has been best overall so far, but that Ask thingy- not sure if I can accept that :angry:

else, just avoid dl'ing lamers stuff- one or the other way most likely is going to be pain in the bum dry.gif

Thanks for the help everyone! :D

So far the best video player that I have tried for Windows 7 is JetAudio, it plays all the video with much better quality and has many different setting to resize the videos without losing quality.

Does it manage subs allright?

Thanks! :lol:

Does it manage subs allright?

Thanks! :lol:

Yes it does an excellent job managing subtitles. Check out the screenshots- http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/jetAudio-Basic.shtml

Good luck.:D

Thanks again for recommendation

Control appear to be a bit messy (need to get to used to it), but video was handled alright, however so far I have not found management as for timing of audio and .srt

BTW Screen-shots are quite a bit different (as there is need for a knowledge of this app prior to installing it) will have to do new install, so would have easier way to manage it

I am using

Cowon.JetAudio.v8.0.11.1600.Plus.VX-FOSI.

OK played a bitt more-

JetAudio is good, but I reversed to KMP as default to all video due to smaller resource usage (same film, same errors) KMP won(despite not having superadvanced sub management options); and Foobar for all Audio

Regarding 22 Bullets- appears just to give up and download again, its just not worth starting another game to learn ( sub modifying)

same as Cop Out and couple more... in future I shall ask here as where decent rippers work is published

:wave:

Undefeated2010

thanks for the suggestion

Archived