How to assign "shutdown" command to a key combination?

hullboy

I have Windows XP SP3 Home

I'd like to assign the "shutdown" command to a combination of keys.

But I don't want to install particular programs to do it.

I am asking if that is possible.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well the easy way would be to create a shutdown shortcut on any place you want. Then open it's properties then assign CTRL + ALT + S to execute it. You can use anything instead of "S". I use this method to start Calculator/uTorrent/Snipping tool and it works quite well. :)

create a shutdown shortcut and put it any place you want...

I have tried to ass shutdown many times.. unsuccessfully ...but could only use my fingers... ( Check Topic Title.. ) Assing it can only be done for the talented... tried many different ways... no ping pong balls included...( definitely none with velcro.. ) :P

Well the easy way would be to create a shutdown shortcut on any place you want. Then open it's properties then assign CTRL + ALT + S to execute it. You can use anything instead of "S". I use this method to start Calculator/uTorrent/Snipping tool and it works quite well. :)

Thanks, it works :)

@heath28m

:lol: :lol:

I do not spot such a power button here. There is this moon button - but that was no good (I will never push it again :lol: )

You could assign the moon/sleep button on the keyboard to shutdown via windows power settings.

Archived