NOD32 License

rashad

I finally decided to buy a commercial AV, I am using AVG for long time now and had no *REAL* problems, other that the false position detection of Hacking and Cracking tools.

Now I know might not the best place to ask, but with reference to the Poll What Anti-Virus do you use too many of you guys had NOD32 so I thought you might know the answer.

Question

If I bought a "Single End User License" can I use it on multiple PCs that I own, if yes then how many PCs?

If you feel my question is newbie question then you're right this is the first software I am going to buy ;)

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I bought a "Single End User License" can I use it on multiple PCs that I own, if yes then how many PCs?
I'm no expert in terms of licenses, but I guess that a 'single end user license' either refers to the installation on one computer, or to using it on multiple machines owned and primary used by one person.

in case of NOD32 you can chose how many PCs you want to install it on (up to ten, every PC will increase costs) and how long the license should be valid (one or two years).

just go to the homepage and click on purchase, you can see for yourself.

I posted this a few weeks back; Kaspersky Offer. I bought a licence last year which not only gave me the 30 days free trial but the full year as well. It's not going to expire until Mid-Jan 2008. At the time, the offer was Buy One, Get One Free. As my father was also looking to purchase one, we split it 50/50 and ended up paying half price for it (similar to the offer I posted).

At present, they're offering a 1 year licence for Kaspersky AV for £24. Looking at Nod32's pricing structure it's about £1 more expensive, although I have used Nod32 in the past and found KAV much easier to use, with a good detection rate.

The offer may still be valid though, so have a look into that first. You may end up getting the AV for £12 if the code still works, and if so... it'll be a bargain.

Thanks Samurai, martina. I contacted eset and they told me that the license is per PC, and since the coupon works for Kaspersky I am considering it now, but I'll evaluate it first.

BTW the price of KAV is 10$ higher on .co.uk but the coupon works only on that domain so it's saving ~30% instead of 50%

• 3 weeks later...
I finally decided to buy a commercial AV, I am using AVG for long time now and had no *REAL* problems, other that the false position detection of Hacking and Cracking tools.

Now I know might not the best place to ask, but with reference to the Poll What Anti-Virus do you use too many of you guys had NOD32 so I thought you might know the answer.

Question

If you feel my question is newbie question then you're right this is the first software I am going to buy :dance2:

well... if you use a router on your home PC's - to the outside world (ie Internet) ALL your home PC's have one IP address, so it's completely safe to use one license on them all, as it's untraceable - bit different if your PC's aren't rigged via a router mind you.

In that case - perhaps the NsaneFix can ease your NOD32 pain :)

Archived