Alcohol 120% problem

martina

hi there people.

I've got a problem with newer versions of Alcohol 120%.

this problem happens with the retail versions 1.9.6.5403 and 1.9.6.5429. I tried GEGTER's and Cheerpipe's (v1.3) loader, as well as BetaMaster's method (v3.2).

v1.9.6.4719 with BM works without problems, as any version prior to 1.9.6.5403.

I'm using WinXPSP2, tried it on a clean install every time.

the problem is that I'm not able to read sub-channel data and do DPM when I want to backup my games (e.g. CC3).

only the the first three options are available when creating an image with the newer builds, the other two are simply not available in the GUI.

this is a screenshot on what options I got if I insert a game and want to create an image (just an example):

pic1cw4.th.png

here is what it should look like (just an example):

pic2ma2.th.png

the images produced by versions up from v1.9.6.5403 are faulty and are not recognized as the original.

do the last two versions work for you guys, or am I the only one with these problems?

can anybody point me into a direction how to solve this?

thanks,

martina

• Replies 36
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea with regards to your problems... I use Nero myself.

In any case I found this on Usenet, so I've uploaded it for you. Don't forget to fully uninstall the version you have on, including registry keys. Use CCleaner if you're unsure how to do this / feel aprehensive.

Once downloaded, could you do me the favour of removing the file. Thanks ;)

Thank you for the help Samurai.

would you be so kind as to upload again?

edit: in the light of my comment, maybe a PM would be best. hrm.

@ Samurai: the loader you posted was the one from GEGTER (which I already tried), I have the same problem with this.

thank you very much for the try anyway :-)

does anybody else has a working solution?

absolute must is firewall. alcosuckers keep trying al kinds of tricks- so block updating!

absolute must is firewall. alcosuckers keep trying al kinds of tricks- so block updating!
yes, I know. I have a firewall with good outbound protection.

anyway, all they do is defending their app, that's just a pretty normal thing to do for shareware I guess.

... alcosucks are different! they tried to harass somebody ;) you know...
yeah, I know the story about Alcohol and nsane. I still think it's quite normal behavior anyway (though I don't hope they try again).

let's keep this thread on topic though.

• 3 weeks later...

so, does nobody else has this problem?

No idea with regards to your problems... I use Nero myself.
is Nero able to make playable images of copy protected PC games (e.g. SecuROM, etc)?

I never bother with a precise copy.. just copy using nero or whatever you prefer and just get a patched .exe for the game via

www.gamecopyworld.com. Sorted :)

I never bother with a precise copy.. just copy using nero or whatever you prefer and just get a patched .exe for the game via

www.gamecopyworld.com. Sorted :)

what would you copy the protected game for if you can't use it properly afterwards?

I need a copy that I can play the game with if I like (there not always a no-cd patch for every version available) and, more importantly, to install the game again ITF.

Personally i've hardly ever had a problem finding a no-cd patch for any decent game i've aquired. Also I usually place the patched .exe onto the copy i've made replacing the original on the disc and dont worry about it again until a update comes out for the game. Anyway, it's not that much bother just to replace the .exe everytime you reinstall the game. Why would you need to keep on reinstalling the game anyway?

Personally i've hardly ever had a problem finding a no-cd patch for any decent game i've aquired.
I had. or can you find a no-cd patch for e.g. 'the fall - last days of gaia' v.1.10? ;-)
Why would you need to keep on reinstalling the game anyway?
e.g. every time the OS is installed from scratch again.

thanks for your thoughts MrGreen, but please let's stay on topic here.

• 2 weeks later...

what was the last usable version with vista 64? i tired it back home on vista 64 and win xp. that rar file didnt seem very work-a-ble. look like it host file on xp and you had to re open 120 to get it to work a lot. a bit unstable rar file from what i saw.

i know lot dislike 120 but im just use to using it. is there any other good image burning/virtual mounting programs out there? i know nero will mount but i like to use nero for just burning. (got to have some control of the programs)

Personally i've hardly ever had a problem finding a no-cd patch for any decent game i've aquired.
I had. or can you find a no-cd patch for e.g. 'the fall - last days of gaia' v.1.10? ;-)
Why would you need to keep on reinstalling the game anyway?
e.g. every time the OS is installed from scratch again.

thanks for your thoughts MrGreen, but please let's stay on topic here.

Hello!!

At this moment I don't have a solution for you but I think 'GameJackal from Slysoft' may help you in not inserting the original CD or DVD. This may improve your game experience and also expand the life of your original CD's or DVD's.

If you're interested on this, please, follow the link below meanwhile someone can find a solution for your problem.

http://www.nsanedown.com/?request=7471332

Best regards,

Pirri :)

it wouldnt be nearly as fun to run alcohol 120 if alcoholsoft didnt want you to so badly

yeap. i try the last one i had and had problems with the winrar file. wasnt what i would consider stable. that was on the xp.

it was crapiville on the vista 64

Hi !

I use betamaster keymaker named 3.1 and it's working correctly

Here is screen ->

post-9020-1190634557_thumb.jpg

I run 1.9.6.5429 and only BM keymaker worked for me, none of the loaders wasn't working correcly. I get BM patch from Nsane - maybe try to uninstall Alc, use some registry cleaner like jv16 or just regedit, found anything named alcohol and try again with BM keymaker ? Maybe also try to use some other key, betamaster provided different key for last two (or three) versions :rolleyes:

Hope this will help :rolleyes:

If u couldn't get keymaker I said about - just tell me and I put it somewhere for u :]

I run 1.9.6.5429 and only BM keymaker worked for me, none of the loaders wasn't working correcly.
cheers and thanks for the reply!

sent a PM your way.

update:

I tried BM method v3.1, kindly provided by dllhost, but to no avail. I still have the same problems like before :-(

and I'm starting to really don't know why.

if anybody has any further tips, please don't hesitate to voice them.

Only thing came to my mind it's that ur optic device doesn't support some of the stuff from alc or alc doesn't support ur burner :)

If u can just remove ur burner and put some other and see what option's alc will give to choose.

And I'm sorry that :bong: from me also doesn't help :moon:

Archived