jv16 PowerTools 2011 2.0.0.998 Beta 5

0woh0

jv16 PowerTools 2011 2.0.0.998 Beta 5

jv16 PowerTools is a complete toolkit to maximize the performance of any PC. With a user base comprising several million downloads, the program is used by both home and power users as well helpdesk and support personnel around the globe. jv16 PowerTools will optimize many aspects of your computer. jv16 PowerTools allows users to remove all traces of previously uninstalled software, to clean the computer's Windows registry for optimal performance and stability, and to fix many registry-based problems with a single mouse click. PowerTools Lite is a freeware version of their professional grade jv16 PowerTools utility package.

Homepage

Changelog:

Bug fix: In Clean and Fix My Computer, pop-up warning about the user removing a lot of registry data is often not appropriate. For example, it occurs when removing a lot of temp files.

Bug fix: Software Uninstaller can list duplicate software.

Bug fix: Clean and Fix My Computer reports: " All done! X registry errors were fixed," even if it fixed a broken shortcut type of error, i.e. not a registry error.

Bug fix: Software Uninstaller can miss many common installed software.

Bug fix: Starting Startup Manager many times in a row could cause the tool to start without displaying any results.

Bug fix: Registry Manager's Add/Remove list can contain duplicate lines.

Bug fix: Startup Manager can show lines with binary encoded data that looks like garbage.

Bug fix: Adding a tag to a single line in the Startup Manager can lead the tag being added to multiple lines.

Bug fix: The result window of Clean and Fix My Computer doesn't properly show the Description data in the top panel.

Bug fix: The Fix feature of Registry Cleaner, Clean and Fix My Computer and Start Menu Tool does not honor the Global Ignore List.

Bug fix: Program can crash to randon Access Violation relating to function StringCompareEx

Bug fix: Software Uninstaller gets an access violation every time after "Yes" to the backup dialog when you click "Delete" in the Uninstall Software, Advanced Settings window

Improvement: Added new grouping option to the File Cleaner.

Improvement: Greatly improved the product's ability to fix broken file reference in registry errors or broken shortcuts.

Improvement: Registry Manager's Add/Remove list now shows the registry key from which the item was found.

Improvement: Increased the speed in which Action History loads its list.

Improvement: Added support for Built-In Tags. These tags come with the program and can be translated. The "Important" tag also supports a neat feature: if user attempts to delete any file or registry entry tagged with Important, the program shows an additional confirmation about the item.

Improvement: Increased the speed of the Clean and Fix My Computer scan.

Improvement: Increased the number of software found by the Software Uninstaller. There are still much room for improvement, though.

Setup

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived