Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 10

jalaffa

@DKT27:

Maybe it's not utilizing your CPU / GPU efficiently.

BTW, you should try tete009's custom build. It's snappier.

----------

Here's tete009's modified custom build of Firefox 4.0 Beta 10:

- changed icons to Firefox defaults

- changed Minefield strings to Firefox / Mozilla Firefox

- applied upx compression on some files

- removed unnecessary files / folders

If some of you are interested, here you go: Link

• Replies 28
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

^Random but... are there any custom builds for 64-bit?

Here is the benchmark (attached). Not bad. BTW, I was wrong about fonts. They didn't fix it. It looks much better now, but not yet as it should be.

Cheers ;)

Not to be an airhead, but I have seen you say something about Fonts over an over.. you have a small screenshot of what you mean.. example...( I have a font issues as well in FF3.. ) .. and I always switch my basic fonts over to Segoe UI.. but I m curious...

That benchmark gives some relief to me. I'm yet to figure it out why it's scoring so badly at my end, it's higher only to 3.6. :( BTW, how many times did you test it for this result?

Looking at your font, they sure are blur, but not so blur at my end, infact, from my side, only a sharp eyed person will notice it at the first view.

I tested only once.

Here is the benchmark (attached). Not bad. BTW, I was wrong about fonts. They didn't fix it. It looks much better now, but not yet as it should be.

Cheers ;)

Not to be an airhead, but I have seen you say something about Fonts over an over.. you have a small screenshot of what you mean.. example...( I have a font issues as well in FF3.. ) .. and I always switch my basic fonts over to Segoe UI.. but I m curious...

The problem is more in the interface then on web pages, that's why you can't see it on screen shot. I'll post the screen shot in couple of minutes.

Cheers ;)

Archived