hi

stagefright

hey yall sup? a man at my work told me of this awesome place which is very convenient since i just bought a brand new(my first) laptop. a HP, intel i5 4gig ram 640 gig for 600 bucks. trying to load it up with good programs and not let it get bogged down with virus's/crap like my familys desktop. he told me about this eset nod32 antivirus as a good antivirus. sounds great, except im running a 64 bit system and this is set up for 32 so it wont let me install. any help? sorry if this is in the wrong area, hope you are all having a good day! feel free to chastise/set me straight. sup andrew!!!!

ps anyone from slap or collected animals on here?

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

:hi: & :welcome:

The ESET page has two download links. For 64 bit system, you have to download x64 version. To make it simple, just open this link:

http://TRIAL-40245808:[email protected]/eval/win/eav/eav_nt64_enu.msi

That should run fine on your system. :rolleyes:

Then run any one of fix posted on that page. All of them are of the best available.

We all love ESET. ^_^

:hi: Fellow Canadian :welcome: to Nsaneforums & Enjoy! ;)

thanks everyone. especially the op! i got it to work last night, ran a virus scan and the only thing that showed up was the fix, which was to be expected. but upon turning on my computer now for the first time today, had to do a system restore as windows could not open properly. had to reinstall a few hours worth of programs.so thats a bummer. hopefully a one-time thing, thanks again.

• Administrator

thanks everyone. especially the op! i got it to work last night, ran a virus scan and the only thing that showed up was the fix, which was to be expected. but upon turning on my computer now for the first time today, had to do a system restore as windows could not open properly. had to reinstall a few hours worth of programs.so thats a bummer. hopefully a one-time thing, thanks again.

That's odd. No fix nor ESET is known to cause system based problems.

Could have been one of the installations.. driver or something.. I went into Hibernate mode once.. and my XELDZ file disappeared.. I keep a backup now... Windows would not boot and the only way to grab it was off of back up... and for that thee was no resolution or cause besides me putting it into Hibernate mode.. since disabled it... not having or taking a chance... But it was like someone swooped in a stole my file..

Archived