Which Operating System Do You Prefer For Your Mobile Phone?

implague

Vote for the best mobile OS >>----> NOW!!!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best mobile OS??? >>----> WHY???

• Android
    • Apple iOS
    • Blackberry OS
    • Custom Cookware
    • Linux Mobile
    • Maemo
    • MXI
    • Palm's WebOS
    • Qualcomm BMP (BREW Mobile Platform)
    • Reaserch in Motion
    • Samsung bada
    • Symbian
    • Windows Mobile
    • Others

Mine is Nokia N8 i want to find out whats the opinion of the other forum members

• Replies 20
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys plz mention which mobile phone or(phones) u r using currently and ver.of the firmware

• Administrator

Sadly, I don't have a smartphone. But I'm planning to buy one in few months. The prices should get lower and lower. And when I do, I'll prefer Android over anything else.

BTW, do all the models with, lets say Android 2.1, can update to Android 2.3 etc?

Now i am using nokia n82 symbian s60v3 seriesFirmware 35.0.0.2Now coming to my fav OS For mobile ..i started liking ANDROID.yes it impressed me a lotttt..Within a few months i am going to have Android with me..may be i wil take htc or sony ericsson.

Definately Android! The best one out there!

I don't have a smart phone, but would very much like to have one... Unfortunately I can't afford one, :(

it would be very good for this thread if Mods add somthing from their devices and thoughts of their own :)

Using HTC hero with android 2.1, not upgradable to 2.2....wtf....no flash.

But android is the way.....unless Windows mobile 8......do a better job.

Guys I think he really wants some reasons to support your selections. Like there must be some reasons why you feel your selection is "the best", would be great to share those reasons.

I think iOS 4 has support for alot more games but their grasp to propriety stuff is holding them back. Currently the Android phone has the better performance because manufacturers are already releasing Android phones with the Tegra 2 chipset and of course the Tegra 2 blows away the Apple A4. The one thing I have seen in phones recently is there is delay in operations that make the phones annoying to use so I'd go for the one packing the fastest cpu, well assuming the power requirements are decent enough to give good battery life and the Tegra 2 seems to be able to deliver excellent performance.

I don't think any of the other contenders even match up to Android and iOS featurewise. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe Windows Mobile is lacking simple things like copy/paste.

• 3 weeks later...

Using HTC Desire HD 2.2.1 right now and happy with it ^_^

The main reason I use Android is you can do almost everything you want , wich is very far to be the case with Iphone.

Of course you can jailbreak it , but what you can do with a jailbreaked Iphone , you can do it with a native android.

I use the Cyanogenmod on my desire HD and it runs like wind :)

For me it all comes down to availability from your preferred service provider. I'm not a mac person so I would never give up my current provider to get an iphone. Therefore, i'm sticking to what I know best which is on my DroidX, Android.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Valamer Kurayami

I'm running the latest CyanogenMod 7 nightly ROM (which is built on Android 2.3.3) on my HTC Desire and it is the best!

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely Android... as a software developer, Android can easily be developed in Windows, Linux, even Mac OS X...

Windows Phone 7 can only be developed in Visual Studio, while iOS can only be developed in Mac OS X...

i haven't got an Android smartphone though, but I'm planning to buy one, just waiting for dual core Tegra 2 smartphones release in the market...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived