Eset smart security problem after updating

myidisbb

it seems i always have problems updating ess and getting it to run right afterwards.

i unfix 1.3/1.4 and uninstalled ess. install the new one and isems to take multi trys of instlaling and unisntalling to get it to allow internet access. it finally ask (i use interactive mode always) and now it all seems to be wokring fine now. does anyone else seem to have problems when they isntlal a newer ess?

Staff Note: Moved to Software Chat . . .

• Replies 2
  • Views 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would probably be in the IDS and Advanced Settings area.. each setup is different.. and has to be gone through one by one.. until you find which ones will not bust your Internet connection.. Usually the big ones would be ARP and DNS Poisoning .. especially if you use something like OpenDNS, or Google instead of your ISP's DNS.. Will work fine for awhile and then cut connection seemingly at random but can be duplicated.. usually..

EDIT: This is usually common when upgrading versions for people and/or individuals who are not used to the settings differences and behaviors..

It would probably be in the IDS and Advanced Settings area.. each setup is different.. and has to be gone through one by one.. until you find which ones will not bust your Internet connection.. Usually the big ones would be ARP and DNS Poisoning .. especially if you use something like OpenDNS, or Google instead of your ISP's DNS.. Will work fine for awhile and then cut connection seemingly at random but can be duplicated.. usually..

EDIT: This is usually common when upgrading versions for people and/or individuals who are not used to the settings differences and behaviors..

always the same settings. all 3 computers have it now.

Archived