The transition from x32 to x64

Alpha1BA

• Administrator

Yeah, you can trust Daz loader on that. :)

Not sure, no idea, I think BBs uses that software, please ask him.

• Replies 33
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry mate. 64bit is better than 32bit in many ways, especially security and other enhancements. Lite posted a article on many things 64bit has that 32bit doesn't. Quite of important ones. 32bit cannot take more than 3.3GB RAM, and you've got 4GB. So thinking about using a 32bit OS wont help. So I don't wanna get in the argument which is better.

Hi,

I searched for member Lite article but can't able to find. But found this by member Shought h**p://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/10816-benefits-of-windows-xp-64-bit-over-32-bit/, u mean this article?

If not please give the link.

Thanks

• Administrator

I tried hard but cannot find it. :s Maybe Lite didn't post it, someone else did. :doh:

Kernel Patch protection is one of the known features in 64bit. AV companies complain and say that it makes their software less secure, but I say it makes whole system more secure.

Fr.jack hackett

Ah, just use the X64. day to day I didnt see/feel much of any difference (7).

However, the bluetooth stack is not as developed as it could be, fresh off the install it has 'basic' functionality, I make use of several BT devices; mouse, keyboard, headphones, speakers and the as is wasnt going near nor by the EDR2 and advanced audio side :frusty:

I couldnt get the Broadcomm BT drivers to have it, likewise my paid for BlueSol (6.etc) wouldn't have it either as a native x64 or in forced x86.

Mind you x64 winrar is a joy to use :dance2: vroooooom

I re installed to 7-x86 :) and tbh I have no issues that I haven't encountered with SP3 XP etc.

JohnnyBravo41

most every 32 bit Windows App / program / software ( if not all of them ) will only be able to use / access a maximum of 2 gigs of memory

this is also another limitation of 32 bit Windows ( all versions WinXP, Vista, Windows 7 ) unless one uses a workaround / batch file / tweak , like DKT27 mentioned earlier

if one is interested in using all their 4 Gigs on a 32 bit Windows OS< you can search for Microsoft's workaround on the MS website or at msdn technet

we used to use it back in the old days when working with Autocad it still had its problems, thank goodness for 64 bit and dual /quad core processors

Three words of advice: Backup, backup and backup.

Migration your Document, Picture, Video, music to another partition or another hard drive.

Archived