So Comodo Released a Browser...

Rock Lee

comodo-browser.jpg

Comodo Dragon - fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium, infused with Comodo's unparalleled level of Security! The Comodo Dragon has taken the latest Chromium technology and beefed it up in the one way necessary to make it the optimum Browser to use on today's malware plagued Internet with superior security and privacy. The Comodo Dragon encompasses all of the best features of Chrome. It includes an important feature every user needs to use the Internet in total safety today. The interface looks pretty much the same like Chrome with tabs on top. A browser developed by a company that is best known for its firewall software can leave people feeling more secure about their Internet usage. Comodo Dragon will pull up a bright-yellow caution message warning people that sending information may be unsafe when they are entering a Web site with an unstable security certificate. Also, Dragon does not send browsing information to a remote server.

Comodo Dragon is an aesthetically minimalist browser that is attractive, responsive, and secure. From the detachable tabs at the top of the screen to the bookmark-syncing option, it is impossible to instantly recognize where the "remix" takes place. The Help tab even redirects you to Google Chrome's Help page and the Extensions tab redirects you to Google as well. It also keeps Chrome's incognito mode option, where all browsing information and cookies are deleted following the user's Web session. Upon poking around the Options menu, there are a couple of visible differences: there are no location settings and Dragon does not present an option to send "usage statistics and crash reports to Google."

Dragon is not only fast, but like Google Chrome, it is not strewn with numerous icons, leaving more room for Web viewing. For those who are extra cautious about their online security, or for those who are worried about Google's data-mining, this fast browser is a great choice.

http://www.comodo.co...ars/browser.php

I'm personally sick and tired of people using Chrome and adding their brand to it. I know technically it's not "Google's" but all of these different derivatives of Chrome aren't nearly as good. Chromium is meh. The others are meh as well. Added security, I haven't seen much. It's just as fast yes but not just as good.

Thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Comodo Dragon was released almost a year ago. Wasn't so great when it released AFAIK.

they did...what? :blink:

it looks exactly like chrome, with little changes to the icons.

I won't try it out....I'm fine with my Chrome and Firefox, thank you very much :sneaky:

makes you wonder what's next...the comodo oven?...sink?....the comodo WC?

Apart from the Defense+ and Firewall, every other COMODO offering has been an epic failure (including the Anti-virus . . . . . . . . and Browser.) The COMODO Sandbox used to return lower scores when kept disabled than when enabled.:o

Ha, ha. I agree, even their firewall and D+ isn't as good as it used to be. Always full of bugs.

Their sandbox is a joke, System Cleaner and Time Machine destroyed many systems, I have read about it on the user reviews on many download sites and forums and I had my own bad experiences with Time Machine own test system.

It is nice to have a developer that gives you free software, but when that software is a danger to your system it is much better not to use it.

Comodo Dragon is based on an out-dated version of the Chromium core. They just now added Google Chrome extensions support to it.

For it being more secure than Google Chrome, I seriously doubt that since the out-dated core still has vulnerabilities.

It appears that many developers are now making their own Chromium-based browsers. Besides Google Chrome, there is SRWare Iron, ChromePlus, Flock 3, Maxthon 3, Chromium and now Comodo Dragon.

The benefit of Google Chrome, since it is the main open-source project, it is always kept updated. Unlike the others that might falls months or even longer before they are updated.

Thanks.:D

Neither do I love them at ALL... Their Firewall/etc. are a joke... u gotta be "smart" to know what to select..... otherwise BAM.... malware goes in...

This is right that Comodo products aren't the lightest ones (internet slowdown for example) or a little bit buggy sometimes / badly coded...

++

I actually like their firewall though their entire security suite leaves much to be desired. If you allow Microsoft to pass you in something then you're doing something wrong...

This is right that Comodo products aren't the lightest ones (internet slowdown for example) or a little bit buggy sometimes / badly coded...

++

The Firewall's one of the lightest out there (certainly much less bloated and slow than ZA), although I agree with you on their other products

Only cometbird won my heart.

Archived