iPhone 4 Notifications

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Hi,

I own an iPhone 4, Which came with iOS 4.1 installed on it. It's pefect in every way, But the only problem is, That the Notifications DOES NOT WORK for any app.

If there is anybody who Knows how to solve this problem, Please help.

Regards, In Advance,

-Ahmad Hajaya

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, are notifications actually switched on?? dunno if it's same setup, im still with 3gs at mo, anyway, try going settings, general, and underneath wifi (near to top) you should see notifications, just ensure that it is set to on. hope this helps.

Is it software unlocked using ultrasn0w or whatever? This can mess with notifications otherwise they may be disabled in settings or SBSettings (JB app).

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Notifications are ON. The Phone is Activated not Hactivated, And yet there is no Unlock to my Phone's BaseBand, Which means I haven't used ultrasn0w.

have you checked restrictions?settings, general, restrictions. Also, is the data on the phone a backup? did you buy the handset new?

hmmm seems to be a commonish problem with no common resolution! if you are not interested in jailbreaking it I would suggest you update up to 4.2.1 to see if that rectifies the problem however be warned that if you do that you will currently be unable to jailbreak but it shouldnt be too long now for an untethered fix for that anyway!

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

@Alpha1BAD, Restrictions are off, The Data ain't a backup, Yes I bought it new on October 25, 2010.

@dcs18, No I don't have any call recording program.

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

push doctor could work, but i don't think it should be needed if u haven't used SAM for hacktivation..

I already tried "Push Doctor", It doesn't even install.

push doctor could work, but i don't think it should be needed if u haven't used SAM for hacktivation..

guess it needs a jailbreak then since it's for hacktivated phones after all..

guess u could try a restore.. just remember to back up ur stuff..

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

I've tried to make a restore more than five times, But after each restore the problem still existed.

Hi,

I own an iPhone 4, Which came with iOS 4.1 installed on it. It's pefect in every way, But the only problem is, That the Notifications DOES NOT WORK for any app.

If there is anybody who Knows how to solve this problem, Please help.

Regards, In Advance,

-Ahmad Hajaya

Once the notification is configured properly, you will only get a notification when an app uses it via WiFi / 3G. I am sure that it is working.

I've tried to make a restore more than five times, But after each restore the problem still existed.

If you have your SHSH saved for FW4.1, then try restoring to a stock iOS4.1 FW and see if the Notification works.

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

If you have your SHSH saved for FW4.1, then try restoring to a stock iOS4.1 FW and see if the Notification works.

Also tried that, I mean on stock 4.1.

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

C'mon guys, I've been waiting a week, For someone to reply.

Also tried that, I mean on stock 4.1.

If you restored to a stock iOS FW4.1 successfully, then I believe that the problem is not with the iPhone (hardware/software). I am thinking that it is you. What is it that you want the Notification feature to do? Please be specific.

If you still feel that the problem is with the iPhone, then I recommend that you initiate a warranty repair or call Apple Care for support.

What is you mobile carrier? maybe they don't provide you with data (which is necessary for notifications unless you're on wifi, although I'm assuming you've already tried to see if it works through wifi?)

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

@box, I want the Notification feature do what it's suppose to do, For an instance I have a "3gs", and Notifications works perfect on it.

@UberNoob. I'm always on Wifi.

P.S. My phone is Avtivated through iTuens only, and it gives me this messege, Waiting for activation This may take some time, does it count for anything.

Archived