AV Comparatives Summary 2010

Siddharta

Does it happen with any other installations? Do you have Group Policy ? What version OS?

No it's the first time I see this when I double click on the installer there is a window during a short while , and a task "f secure" appears in the task manager and closes itself in the same time than the window.

I'm running windows 7 X64 with core i7 (overlocked at 3.8 ghz) and 4Go Ram.

I run also Outpost firewall pro (legit licence) but no particular rules..also all the other AV I've tried work very well....

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good info.good share.great to see norton right up there ^_^

Computer says, 'No...' ...hmm Have you checked your Event Viewer to see if there is any extended information? and when right clicking the EXE.. have any compatibility adjustments been made? Do you have all of your Microsoft Updates? ..and have checked for previous installers on your system with Windows Installer Cleanup?

This is simply could be problem with FSecure coding/Installer.. odd though..

Computer says, 'No...' ...hmm Have you checked your Event Viewer to see if there is any extended information? and when right clicking the EXE.. have any compatibility adjustments been made? Do you have all of your Microsoft Updates? ..and have checked for previous installers on your system with Windows Installer Cleanup?

This is simply could be problem with FSecure coding/Installer.. odd though..

Sorry I was a bit busy the last days thank for your help :)

I've checked the event but didn't see anything about Fsecure...

I've tried to run it in windows vista and xp compatibility but that didn't work too...

Also , my windows is up to date (it's a legit one ) and I've installed the windows installer cleanup tool and didn't find anything about fsecure in the installed application... :frusty:

I guess my PC is in love with Nod32 and and is a bit jealous of Fsecure that's why it kicks its ass out of my hard drive :D

When you removed ESET, did you use the uninstaller from the site in Safe Mode or just a normal uninstall? Your system may still be registering that protection is still installed for some reason.. and could be that the F-Secure installer is not allowing the installation to take place.. Maybe.. but worth a check to see..

I've had trouble after uninstalling ESET before, could be the problem. Check here http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2116 and here http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289. (The first worked for me)

I've had to reinstal Eset before just to remove it properly.

My installation of F-Secure went fine on 32bit. I like it, computer seems faster than when I had Avast (too many bsod)

Archived