Windows 7 errors

elohelomg

So, i recently got a dell computer (the ones where its a monitor and computer in one [xps]), and, it was taking forever to boot up. So, i decided to install windows 7, but during the install, i get different errors.

0x08 some with 0xc00005. i have a windows 7 install from a usb, and im not sure if that is whats causing the problem.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, i recently got a dell computer (the ones where its a monitor and computer in one [xps]), and, it was taking forever to boot up. So, i decided to install windows 7, but during the install, i get different errors.

0x08 some with 0xc00005. i have a windows 7 install from a usb, and im not sure if that is whats causing the problem.

did you try to check disk your pc?.. and maybe there is a hardware fault... try to troubleshoot..

You are going to have to have dell drivers... dell has many little quirks about it.. to insure that it is working properly.. and a bunch of other stuff that only leads us to actually makes us think more of raking in money and cornering there own computer market.. LOL

If you make it through the installation I would consult the site for the driver packages for your system if it is available for Windows 7... If its newer you are probably more likely.. BUT.. you never know... It may not be the best bet... to upgrade without Dell Support... If installation fails you can bet that it has something to do with it...IF you getting these errors after the installation check the Event Viewer and do some research to see if yo can track it down.. it may even straighten out after updating through Microsoft Update...

Sl@pSh0ck™

I suggest you do a fresh install from a dvd ... format your hard disk (backup anything important first) and install 7 from a dvd

i have a windows 7 install from a usb, and im not sure if that is whats causing the problem.

Installing Windows Se7en through an USB fails to exhibit 'Advanced options' during the re-format - the people are rightly suggesting you take the bootable DVD route. :)

The usb was just fine, turns out, it was a ram stick gone bad.took the particular one out, and BAM.

Just mini tip, you guys can check out multibootusb, it allows you to put a copy of windows 7, and a ton of other useful boot cd's on a usb. pretty neat.

Is it you that keeps having all of the bad RAM issues with like every system? ..or someone else on the forum.

I'm the one that has general problems with computers. Not only ram xD

One thing you could do :

Run the ubuntu live cd and use the disk test application to check the usb key you're using for your win7 "boot".

Might help making sure the usb key is fine ;)

Archived