Recovering Formatted USB Drive

Guest Alpha1BA

Guest Alpha1BA

Hi Guys, need a quick fix for this one! during a recent format, using webroot disk eraser I inadvertantly deleted (what was listed as the MBR) and began a format on my USB which has absoloutely everything on it!!!! when I try to access it all I get now is "you need to format the drive E: before you can use it" is the any software that will give me access to this drive to enable me to recover the remaining files as the format was literally only a couple of seconds before I realised what was going on! any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R-Studio is the best bet in my opinion.. Layers deep.. As long as yo haven't written to it.. With Hirens you may be able to recover the MBR but I would only attempt it after you scan and recover what you can... I think it was one of the Acronis Tools that can get it.. it should have a backup I think .. though I could be thinging about the something else

test disk dint work :( but thanks for advice anyway :) gonna try the others now, re registering Heath, I already am!!! thats the prob, i formatted and all my progs including passwords are on that usb!!!! my registered name is Alpha1BAD pointless resetting my PW as I can't even access my email!!!!! im totally screwed at mo!!!!!

Yeah, all that has happened is that the 'master switch' for unformatted or formatted has been set to unformatted and maybe some data has been 'erased' (marked to be overridden), but all data should still be there...

Edit: I see you're back into your account, better reset your password ;)

• Administrator

I think that the data is perfectly fine. Only MFT seems to be erased. Test Disk should have been helpful. :unsure:

Easeus has pulled a few but im ltd to only 1gb on the free v so now dl partion manager which I hope will help??? its pulled about 900mb of folders only tho???? no exe's that were not in folders or any docs that were not in folders!!!??? thanks Shought for the PW

Getting nowhere fast!!! the only one that found/pulled some files was easeus data recovery wizard but the free v only allows upto 1gb, anyone got a link to some meds for this app as I can't find one! cheers

You need the registered version of R-Studio.. no joke this thing will recover anything... Not for sure about what the trial will do.. but it is available in several places.. do a search for it.. and find a recent version.. should not be a limit for size.. and Like I mentioned you should be able to recover your data with Hiren's MiniXP tools in the tray if I had it here it would be done.. My EHD ... has files that could be recovered all the way back to its manufacture date... really good software.. I use the Network edition.. Promise it won't let you down.. :thumbsup: Why people have not kept up with the serial is beyond me..

BTW .. there is a way to recover your system from the Infection which supposedly encrypts your HD files.. with these tools as well... Twice as a matter of fact... I have recovered systems by giving the proper tools and links for the recovery...

Thanks guys but unfortunately no joy! I managed to recover about 70% but the most important thing was a poxy text file and after sifting through literally thousands of pages of code in which r-studio pulled it wasnt there :( as I say thanks anyways :)

Thanks guys but unfortunately no joy! I managed to recover about 70% but the most important thing was a poxy text file and after sifting through literally thousands of pages of code in which r-studio pulled it wasnt there :( as I say thanks anyways :)

what about the result with getdataback ? coz it's the one that i ever use :)

Archived