Which browser do you use?

portage

• Replies 37
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1)firefox

2)tinyeye,stumbleupon,adblockplus,greasemonkey,downthemall,noscript

1) Firefox 4 Beta (Tired of waiting for final release), Chrome with UnChrome 1.1 (Anonymize Google Chrome), IE 8

2) FF => addons + speed, Chrome => High speed, IE 8 => backup solution... ? ^^

1) Which browser do you use

Firefox.

2) Why do you like it?

Due to the widest range of superior add-ons.

Without those add-ons, Firefox would've been just another brick in the wall. B)

Latest updated IE

because it has all what I need together and doesn't need to go and find and download what is necessary (my imagine of FF)

and if some time you find some lack in your internet world_ to do special task_you can find similar software out of adds-on place!

1. Firefox

2. addons: adblock+, adblock+ element hider, adblock+ addon hider, beef taco, better privacy, cs lite, cs fire, no script, random user agent, ref control.

Regarding random user agent, useful if you want added annonimity because it makes it harder to track your geo location simply because whomever it may be will looking for a different browser.

Regarding ref control, you can set it to forge the last web page you visited, thus making user profiling impossible!

The others are simply prevention and cure from crap that accumulates on your browser!

Thus the reason I use it! however it does seem to slow the longer it's been installed!?!? even with the various hacks I implement! (still waiting for ff4, like waiting for next christmas!!!)

• Administrator

1. Firefox.
  2. Trust. Firefox 4's looks. Browsing experience (very important). And these addons:

- Adblock Plus 1.3.3

- Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.7

- Auto Copy 1.0.1

- CipherFox 3.0.1

- CustomizeGoogle 0.76

- DownloadHelper 4.8.1

- Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus 1.1

- Element Properties 6

- Fasterfox 3.8.4

- FEBE 6.3.3.2

- Firebug 1.6.0

- FireFTP 1.0.10

- Flagfox 4.0.12

- FoxyProxy Standard 2.22.4

- Ghostery 2.4.2

- Google Toolbar for Firefox 7.1.20100830W

- gTranslate 0.8

- autoHideStatusbar 0.4.7

- HTML5 Extension for Windows Media Player Plug-in 1.0

- IDM CC 7.2.2

- Imgur Uploader 1.0.1

- Java Console 6.0.23

- LastPass 1.70.0

- Lipikaar 0.4.2

- MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4

- Navigational Sounds 1.2.1

- ShowIP 0.8.19

- SkipScreen 0.5.17s

- Stylish 1.0.11

- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.8.4

- Tamper Data 10.1.1

- User Agent Switcher 0.7.2

- VTzilla 1.0

- View Cookies 1.10.1

- WOT 20100908

- YSlow 2.1.0

1. Firefox.
  2. Trust. Firefox 4's looks. Browsing experience (very important). And these addons:

I too use Firefox, but it looks like Internet Explorer, and has IE addon which allows me to view webpages using IE engine in case I need it. I happen to have plenty of add ons too. Browser start is now slower with all those addons for me. But functionality is impressive. I can't picture myself using internet explorer, it just doesn't feel right, in fact it feels like shit cocktail supreme from that Jackass 3D movie. How to make firefox load as quick as internet explorer?

Fasterfox .. some tweaks in the UI.. and in the About:config.. and careful selection of extensions.. as well as an occasional cleaning with SpeedyFox.. Should be pretty easy.. also making sure your plugins are only the needed ones and the most up to date.... as far as cold start for FF.. its going to be slower.. ( I use a BossKey extension to help with this.. ) but IE9 and IE8 while they may be open still take time to be ready to use...

EDIT: Wasn't there a poll or thread about this somewhere... before?

1a. Chrome dev

1b. Firefox b4

2a. Damn fast, very small layout. Good addon support. Frequent updates.

2b. Gotta support the community. SKIP SCREEN addon!!

I happen to have plenty of add ons too. Browser start is now slower with all those addons for me. But functionality is impressive. I can't picture myself using internet explorer, it just doesn't feel right, in fact it feels like shit cocktail supreme from that Jackass 3D movie. How to make firefox load as quick as internet explorer?

You have the answer to your own question. :)

I have to add my exotic POV xDDDD

1/ SeaMonkey

2/ Advantages of Firefox (security, updates, most of its add-ons), classic feel of Netscape, integration of 3 useful tools (browser, mail+news+addressbook+rss, basic html composer), not being trendily updated, always the same feel.

On my pc I use firefox

Reasons:

On my mac:

Safari for general browsing and firefox with a slimmed down profile of above for normal browsing habbits.

Android Phone:

At present using Opera Mini although I can't wait for firefox to come to android although i will take a look at chrome when its released for android.

1) I use firefox

2) internet explorer keeps crashing on me. And I like the tabs in firefox much better than other browsers like opera/ie8/safari. Also I find that it loads pages faster..

I used firefox. Because it load fast.

However I tried Safari on Windows. It's fast too.. imo. So I'm not sure which one is good ;P but Fox is best with plugins!

1- Opera for reversing

2- Firefox for browsing

3- Internet Explorer only to heal my internet connection when problems arise. It is a functionality of Windows 7 (automatic reset)

Archived