SRWare Iron vs Opera

portage

Opera 11.0 vs SRWare Iron. I am currently using SRWare Iron (google chrome with better privacy) but was wondering if I should switch to Opera 11.

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me in my opinion there are a few places in which Opera could be better.. But overall .. I feel that Iron is a faster browser.. Load faster in several places that Opera hangs... But in processing Java I think.. in a few areas Opera may have the advantage.. Iron comes in second to my FF though.. LOL Opera for some reason has remained at the overall bottom of the list in personal preference.. IE9 even comes in before it.. well maybe around the same .. I mean all of the tests and so on aside.. just my thing... I can make FF outrun them all for the most part right now... Maybe not n a cold start but.. everywhere else.. IMO.. remember that..

Now between the two though there are a few options such as downloading Torrents and several other features that may appeal to you.. I really think it will come own to which one you like to use .. and are at ease with feeling secure in using..

• Administrator

I'll recommend Opera over Google. My benchmark. Considering the experience it has in browser market. The new addons. And a lot more. But use what suits you the most. I did try Opera as a second browser to my Firefox, and felt that it's Chrome that I'm comfortable with over Opera.

This is not over until I can do my share of Opera support!

Where was I? Oh yes, I'd say install Opera and try it. If you care about milisecs, than it's easy to do a benchie like DKT. Opera 11 has lots of features that you might find useful as you become familiar with them.

I can't understand what's up with Firefox 4. It's obvious from the Betas that it's not an amazing improvement. You can still use Firefox 3 and be very satisfied.

Yes but firefox 4 has a new interface and tab candy and such. It has a lot of new features. I used Opera 11 like a week ago but it fluctuates in speed. It was fast one day then the next day it hanged for a few minutes

Opera fan here.. having tried allllll the browsers. Came back to Opera.

FireFox 4.Beta is right now behind IE9 in my opinion.

Chrome is good.. But I feel comfortable with Opera. :)

Archived