Comodo Internet Security 5.3.174622.1216

jalaffa

Comodo products don't have a good performance in Virus Bulletin

Try to see this here ( you may need to register to see)

And here For anyone to see.

And here. (You may nee to register to see them).

Yes I know that they refer to its AV and I.S., still the results prove that Comodo Security products are not second rate, no, no, no, don't take me wrong. They are simply third rate and absolutely different from what Matousec people may want you to believe.

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comodo's AV still has a long way to go before it can be viable option. For its HIPS, it's another story.

Comodo's AV is not very good at the present time but it's firewall and HIPs are FIRST RATE, imo. That's why I use ESET AV plus Comodo for the firewall (and sometimes HIPS) only.

:))

@ dcs: nice!

@ eby : matousec is more a HIPS tester not of a pure firewall.

@ dkt: there weren`t any skins, besides the basic one right? this last version has the skins integrated, right?

Surprised no ones talking about CCE, Dacs, killswitch etc :ph34r: lol Its causing quite a stir in someplaces.

BTW I think Comodo AV is fine when used with the rest of the suite, you should hardly need it with the D+, Firewall and sandbox anyway.

• Administrator

@ dkt: there weren`t any skins, besides the basic one right? this last version has the skins integrated, right?

Yup, this is the first version that I know of, that has multiple integrated skins. :)

easy easy ...

i believe we talked about firewalls, NOT antiviruses

@Siddharta: right, but who said matousec is god ? well everybody knows comodo is famous coz of its firewall ! & the reason it is on first rank on matousec is for HIPS ! nothing special about comodo internet security which i kinda hate :D but they are wokin so hard on their antivirus (Cloud scan, etc)

NOR nothin is special about matousec ! but at least they dont lie like so many others review site on net for Marketing ! they give u the exact thing they did( DL test files ), like professionals ! i respect them for that. & if they get paid for it from any company, they earned it for a real job ! :)

P.S : I'm on VB, everybody is :D tnX for the links though :sneaky:

@ tipo: yuP, but they do test basic firewall leaks & bugs, i think the ranking is not important to you or me, just passing the minimum is not so baaad ! :D

@ dcs18: please read the post again.

sry, i don't have much time to share, or much info :D

peAce :D

• Administrator

This post is for information only and shouldn't be replied to. If you have any queries regarding the information below, feel free to send me a PM.

Several posts in this topic have been edited and/or removed as they contravene the forum rules. I would politely like to remind members of one key section:

Members should also remember that this forum is aimed at a general audience .... Posts should also be respectful to other members of our community. Any flaming or abuse will not be tolerated and may be subject to a warning.

Archived