What is your preferred Download Manager?

Zeus_Hunt

Tick your Pick  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred Download Manager?

• Orbit Downloader
    • Internet Download Manager
    • FlashGet
    • GetRight
    • Free Download Manager
    • Internet Download Accelerator
    • NetTransport
    • Download Accelerator Plus
    • Mass Downloader
    • Gigaget Download Manager
    • GetGo Download Manager
    • Others

Hmm, well yeah, I put it wrong. Talented could mean everything. Wanted to say "well known, owning a nice portfolio site, with a big house and three chicks plus new BMW sport car" type-of-designer. But the hungry guys from my country would do it even for free, just to see their name in the credits and to get some recognition.

Very sad, especially as I'm starting to number myself between these guys, since all my clients WENT BROKE IN THE LAST MONTHS!

• Replies 48
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That time of year again... Or is it that time of decade... not for sure where to be on that.. BUT I will say that some knowledge would be needed to get in and change some of the UI.. bring it in to this century...( of course that could have been taken on XP.. ) .. and me I am leaning more in a Metro/Zune style.. clean, well designed.. easy to use... Problem is that most will not code skins and account for switching colors so on.. sort of a cool idea.. but... my point being..

I use Internet Download Manager on my laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) and netbook (also Windows 7 Ultimate x64).

But I use Free Download Manager on my old desktop (Windows XP SP3). FDM keeps the right Access Control List (ACL), but IDM does not on my Windows XP SP3 desktop. With IDM on XP, I have to use the CACLS or ICACLS command to fix things up so that my Windows 7 PCs can grab files off of my Windows XP PC. Grrr. :frusty: But things work great with FDM on XP. :D

IDM. IDM because it delivers on what it says. My download on firefox is about 200 - 600 kb per second but with IDM it went to 1.4 mb/second. Now that is impressive. It also has queuing, scheduler, supports all formats you can think of, nice icon :hehe:

Best part: IDM has no bloat in it :D

Flashget 1.96.

Can do everything that IDM can do with Flashgot extension, plus completely free. Can download Torrents and emule, which IDM cant.

Yeah JDownloader is cool, but it's a more a download manager for websites like RS,MU,Mediafire and so on...

Currently I'm trying Orbit 4 and it's great. Very fast, nice GUI, good features... no bug found...

++

PS: Haaaa... Flashget, old days, was good on (2000/XP ?) until they stopped his "support" fro this apps for months and then a new version came out with spywares...

IDM.. sure it's toolbar icons are ugly but i don't see them much.. (and i always delete and hide the categories) my main concern was the taskbar icon which looked terrible which they fortunately updated.

before they updated 'em i'd reshack a hq icon in.. lol :P

And JDownloader for filehosts, fortunately got a dynamic ip and got a restart script working fine.. the annyoing thing is the new captchas that can't be bypassed.

used to use flashget and getright some years back, but got bored of getright and some spyware issues arised with flashget at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say "ditto" with Grey Ghost. spootnack is correct about "Yeah JDownloader is cool, but it's a more a download manager for websites like RS,MU,Mediafire and so on..." but it is good with those for 2 reasons. The 1st like most DM.s it allows you to put your premium account info in. 2nd for non-premium d/l's JDownloader will keep on trying on many different sites. For those, I just leave it running all night and by morning I usually have it. Also good where you find multiply d/l's links that are interchangeable. Just pick links from the multiple sources and your good to go. Just my 2¢.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I pretty much just use the standard Chrome downloader but when i want security for large files then I use Free Download Manager. Its nice to be able to pause/resume downloads

I use the Firefox SkipScreen add on for Fileserve...most of my d/ls are torrents anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived