DVD Decrypter website

Chicano666

Some of you may have heard that DVD-D is back, yet this is not entirely true. An individual pretented to be L-UK and labeled his site: http://www.dvddecrypter.r8.org/ as Official, when its clearly not. Yet he has apologized for all the confusion he caused:

I am sorry for any confusion my original news flash may have caused. This website is not the original and I am not the original LIGHTNING UK! Please refer to me as THE NEW LIGHTNING UK! I am trying to bring something very good back to life and please pardon me if I have offended anyone. This site is for you!

The site is currently undergoing some hosting issues:

ATTENTION ALL WEBMASTERS AND HOSTING EXPERTS: I am now currently having website hosting problems and I need to find a new host AS SOON AS POSSIBLE on foreign servers! It would be best if I could host the website on a China or Russia server FREE OF CHARGE! If you have any experience in finding FREE Website hosting on foreign servers please contact me immediately at [email protected]! It appears that people, (POSSIBLY MACROVISION) contacted Yahoo GeoCities! and Lycos Tripod! and sent them a notice of copyright infringement and my 2 USA Hosts were shut down!

It appears that his intentions are good, because the site is not a scam (no 'Donation' button or anything, not asking for them either) On the Forums: http://s10.invisionfree.com/dvddecrypter/index.php? he wrote the following:

IMPORTANT NOTE!!, READ THIS FIRST!!

THERE IS A RUMOR GOING AROUND EVERYWHERE THAT I AM LOOKING FOR MONEY TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!! THAT IS NOT TRUE IN ANYWAY, AS OF NOW THERE IS NO DONATION LINK AND I DO NOT PLAN ON PUTTING ONE UP!! YOU WILL SEE THERE IS NO PAGE ON WWW.DVDDECRYPTER.R8.ORG ASKING FOR MONEY OF ANY SORT SO PLEASE DISREGARD NOTICES ABOUT THIS SITE BEING A SCAM SITE!!

Yet the word 'Scam' is filtered out and so are links to sites with information saying that this site is not the real deal. All the filtered words are replaced the compliment "Nice website!"

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I posted this on the vip forums awhile back... I noticed his flaws right away.. :rolleyes:

Archived