NOD32 FiX 1.7 details

Guest Guest

• Replies 15
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

It sets the view_clsid entry to 0, and the servers to trial, but what about the scheduler entries, what does it change there?

it just adds a few entries that tell nod32 to run the regfile, in your nod32 folder, at certain times (after updates, etc.) :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Why does the patch need to be run more than just once?

Everytime I reboot and after each update the patch runs again but I don't know why?

Guest Guest

I have one more question.

Is it critical that I run this reg file after every reboot and every update? I mean, what if I disable the scheduler and just run the reg file manually after every 2 or 3 weeks (only if I see the days have been reset to 30)?

Will that still work?

Also, how come the servers need to be set to trial servers? Is there any difference between those servers and the normal ones?

thanks.

You dont really need the scheduler.. It just so happens that occationally you might loose the trial.. The reg file just updates it just-in-case. But I would think you could do it manually unless its more complicated..

As for why trial servers, its because they are free.. And we are technically using a trial of NOD32. ;)

Guest Guest

Is it known why that happens? You know, why does the patch get un-patched for some people and not others?

Maybe if you find out what is causing it you can fix it so that the patch wont need to be run after every update/reboot?

Also, I am not sure my question is answered, will I be able to run the patch manually if I don't want to use the scheduler to do it or will that be a problem?

thanks guys. ;)

yeah, you can run it manually by running nod32fix.reg and applying it to the registry if you want ;)

you could also set a schedular entry to run it every week or whatever if you want...

Guest Guest

sounds great ;)

Am I correct that as of now you don't know why the patch can suddenly unpatch, requiring the user to run it again?

Or do you know why?

I am attempting to find a way to prevent it, but first I need to know what is causing it.

it's caused by random things, sometime it'll reset after updating, sometimes at reboot, etc. dunno what exactly causes it, tho simply applying the registry entries after the events solves the problem

Guest Guest

alright cool, if I figure it out I will let you know.

thanks, and keep up the great work nsane ;)

love ur site ^_^

Archived