driver genius pro vs retail

manu

hey guys i have downloaded driver genius retail (6.7 mb) from nsane and driver genius pro(9.8 mb) from other site. both uses the same key but in pro i have to replace the exe file

with cracked one. what is the difference between two i.e, retail and pro blink.gif

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im new to nsane.down (and lovin every minute here) but Ive been around the (internet) block more than a couple times. Its been my experiance that you should always manually look for and download. Even then dont trust the developers site. (everyone makes mistakes). For example my daughters rig is older and has an nvidia FX5900 graphics card. The support for, and driver releases have discontinued for this product. BUT back when they still had driver updates for this card I remember that if you clicked the download link it would start to download a completely wrong driver. I emailed nvidia support 3 times about this and it took them almost 6 wks to correct the download link...live and learn I guess. g/l :)

Im new to nsane.down (and lovin every minute here) but Ive been around the (internet) block more than a couple times. Its been my experiance that you should always manually look for and download. Even then dont trust the developers site. (everyone makes mistakes). For example my daughters rig is older and has an nvidia FX5900 graphics card. The support for, and driver releases have discontinued for this product. BUT back when they still had driver updates for this card I remember that if you clicked the download link it would start to download a completely wrong driver. I emailed nvidia support 3 times about this and it took them almost 6 wks to correct the download link...live and learn I guess. g/l :)

still no mention of those two softwaresnono.gif

still no mention of those two softwares

You'll have to wait for someone who uses them and knows to reply because as you should have gathered I dont.use such softs. I was just trying to give you some advice. Sorry I didnt answer your question for you.

still no mention of those two softwares

You'll have to wait for someone who uses them and knows to reply because as you should have gathered I dont.use such softs. I was just trying to give you some advice. Sorry I didnt answer your question for you.

Ahh! with due respect i am asking you to reply my post question , but in your post you have mentioned that you found two driver updater softwares which "don't suck" , i am just asking there names. hope i am not sounding rude

• Administrator

It was bwop not BlueNoceros who said that. ;) :)

• Administrator

hey DKT 27 please tell me the difference between retail and probeg.gif

No idea. But, but, from what I can understand, the retail is also pro but with retail as it's name. I guess everything is the same after fixing it. Not sure, but has to be so.

Yes, it was me. Sorry, I had to drink some water and such.

The two driver updaters that I've found that don't suck are at drivermax.com and driveragent.com

drivermax is a better deal if you update many computers. the other seems to make fewer mistakes, but not by much.

Professional is supposed to bundled for Commercial Use... not much difference did I see in all of the years that I used to use it.. The Pro Version I used to have was install and go and forget it.. After I upgraded to Windows 7 I never installed it and have not had any issues with drivers since.. Before that updates would come along and in many cases they were duplicated, incorrect, or not for my system in particular because of its age.. even though the driver packages would be for them.. and I would wind up causing more problems than I ever solved.. It was good up until about the time that Hyperion Pro drivers started to go stupid.. about that same time ( and I think this was after Vista ) there seemed to be some pretty big problems.. Personal opinion or guess would be if you have a newer system it may not be such a bad program but you have to watch out.. and it can still be trial and error.. and knowing what is working best on your system.. It could be good for a second opinion on your drivers or keeping up with the latest versions.. but as far installing is concerned and some of the other problems that can occur.. I would be watchful.. Does cut down on looking them all up one by one though..

Microsoft Update is usually a better route.. and second opinion or tracking down other issues.. river Genius would be good for.. There are more tools in Windows 7 however to target and track down issues that are unrelated to drivers but may seem as much...

Professional is supposed to bundled for Commercial Use... not much difference did I see in all of the years that I used to use it.. The Pro Version I used to have was install and go and forget it.. After I upgraded to Windows 7 I never installed it and have not had any issues with drivers since.. Before that updates would come along and in many cases they were duplicated, incorrect, or not for my system in particular because of its age.. even though the driver packages would be for them.. and I would wind up causing more problems than I ever solved.. It was good up until about the time that Hyperion Pro drivers started to go stupid.. about that same time ( and I think this was after Vista ) there seemed to be some pretty big problems.. Personal opinion or guess would be if you have a newer system it may not be such a bad program but you have to watch out.. and it can still be trial and error.. and knowing what is working best on your system.. It could be good for a second opinion on your drivers or keeping up with the latest versions.. but as far installing is concerned and some of the other problems that can occur.. I would be watchful.. Does cut down on looking them all up one by one though..

Microsoft Update is usually a better route.. and second opinion or tracking down other issues.. river Genius would be good for.. There are more tools in Windows 7 however to target and track down issues that are unrelated to drivers but may seem as much...

thanks for information

hey guys i have downloaded driver genius retail (6.7 mb) from nsane and driver genius pro(9.8 mb) from other site. both uses the same key but in pro i have to replace the exe file

with cracked one. what is the difference between two i.e, retail and pro blink.gif

ok here goes.

the pro version needs a tweaked .exe in order to accept the serial, while the retail version accepts the serial by default. And that's it :lmao:

but really I wouldn't put too much thought in this app. I only keep it around to confirm that the new serials that surface are working, so I can up them to the proxy.

you're much better off with windows update, or an information app such as everest (which is discontinued, but still very much helpful) or speccy and then manually downloading the drivers from the providers

• 2 weeks later...

what is the difference between two i.e, retail and pro blink.gif

Driver Genius (Retail) edition does . . . . . . . . . . . not exist. :D

For my driver updates, I prefer the following 3 portable packages:-

01.) DGTSoft Drivers Update Utility Series

02.) Driver Checker

02.) Driver Genius Professional Edition

I support your idea~

@ manu:

Driver Genius (retail) doesn't exist..only pro version and it must someone who uploaded the file change the filename which you have downloaded..or we can visit the official website of the software to check it up.. Yes, only Professional Edition ^_^

Archived