Vista software

vin3e

Ok.

I have Vista Home Premium. I am crazy when it comes to tweaking my Laptop to make it run faster.

I've followed BV's services guide. Im completely crapware free. I use CC, and AntiVir. Most of the speed adjustments I have done, like startup items, system restore, and several safety options like disabling remote assistance etc.

You get the general idea. Now to software.

My current laptop is 1.6 Dual Core with 2gb ram. However... My PC which has an AMD 1.7ghz with 192mb ram starts up faster. The programs I have on my PC at startup is Outpost (Not available for Vista).

Is there any suggestions, tweaks, fixes, configs etc that can possibly speed up my Laptop? Im currently planning to uninstall AntiVir and do without.

I use UDefrag and diskeeper. Both of which i have no idea which is better. So if you could shed some light that would be appreciative.

Thankssss

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet

Format & install xp :(

Or better, win95 or 3.1 and uninstall antivir (if you can find any)

Heh, Well i removed and ive just defrags using JKDefrag which i must say was hmm... a different experiences compared to the rest. oO

I've already uninstalled or reather disabled WinDefender, UAC etc etc. Ive uninstalled AntiVir.

And god no im not going back to XP haha you must be crazy. I love my laptop looking professional heh.

COMESTICS BABY

bearoninternet
Heh, Well i removed and ive just defrags using JKDefrag which i must say was hmm... a different experiences compared to the rest. oO

I've already uninstalled or reather disabled WinDefender, UAC etc etc. Ive uninstalled AntiVir.

And god no im not going back to XP haha you must be crazy. I love my laptop looking professional heh.

COMESTICS BABY

Are cosmetics professional?

Hmz.

Archived