Mac OS X Leopard Leaked to BitTorrent

Bolt_Gundam510

Bolt_Gundam510

by Smaran

The latest version of the Macintosh operating system, version 10.5 Leopard, has appeared on torrent sites all over the web. Though a little late, the torrent comprises of the feature-complete beta release handed out to developers at WWDC ‘07.

One year ago, we wrote about the first Leopard preview being leaked onto torrent sites. That release lacked the “secret features” that were to be announced sometime this year. As it goes with OS releases, Leopard was repeatedly delayed, and now, one year later, the feature-complete developer preview has been released and, consequently, leaked to BitTorrent.

Announced by Steve Jobs in his keynote at WWDC ‘07, Leopard is the fifth iteration of the Unix-based operating system. It is the “feature-complete” release and is not expected to change much before it goes on sale in October of this year.

New features include, among others, a new version of the Finder, the Mac file manager, a new unified interface, Time Machine, a backup application heavy on eye-candy, and Spaces, an integrated virtual desktops implementation.

The developer preview was handed out to attendees of the Apple developer conference almost two weeks ago. Normally, one would start to see torrents for such a thing appear hours, if not minutes, after it is handed out. It seems Apple developers aren’t as quick on the uptake as our Windows-using friends.

The Vista RTM (Release to Manufacturing) was uploaded even before news sites had the chance to write about Microsoft pushing out its first non-beta release of Windows Vista.

Titled “Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard 9A466 WWDC ‘07″ or “The New Big Cat”, Mac OS 10.5 can be found on almost every torrent site on the web. But before our Mac-using friends rush to download a copy for themselves, it’s best we mention that this is beta software, and even if no new features are going to be added to it, the OS is reportedly buggy and requires work.

We recommend you hold out till its release in October and buy yourself a copy. It’s cheap.

Source: Torrent Freak

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pimp Your Linux » Kiba Dock - Beryl Compiz XGL Dock

Check This Pimp Your Linux

I have Downloaded LinuxMint - Cassandra But not installed it yet.

Waiting for some Eye Candy.. I wish they had included Kiba Dock along with the package.

I hate installing packages in Linux.

eBait do you know of any distributions which comes preinstalled with "Kiba Dock + Beryl Compiz XGL Dock" ?

by Smaran

But before our Mac-using friends rush to download a copy for themselves, it’s best we mention that this is beta software, and even if no new features are going to be added to it, the OS is reportedly buggy and requires work.

We recommend you hold out till its release in October and buy yourself a copy. It’s cheap.

Source: Torrent Freak

I will not pay for no software :pirate:

but I bet - despite beta is going to be better than Vista (home versions at least) :(

I almost forgot that I had experienced Linux before. I had Suse installed for a while but was forced to remove it. I will experiment with Linux once again, thx for the info.

The Ubuntu team announced today the features that Ubuntu 7.10 (7.10, codename Gutsy Gibbon) will bring in late October this year. Here’s a quick overview of the features you will find in Ubuntu 7.10:

Desktop

Ubuntu 7.10 will ship with the latest version of the GNOME desktop (2.20), which will be released a few weeks before the final version of Gutsy Gibbon. On the other hand, Kubuntu will ship with the latest version of the KDE desktop (3.5.7). Moreover, Kubuntu users will have the possibility of installing KDE 4.0 RC2 packages.

Ubuntu 7.10 will be the first distribution to include the newly merged Beryl and Compiz projects, which will be the default window manager on systems that will support it.

Hardware Support

The Linux kernel 2.6.22 with the usual selection of updated and additional drivers will be part of the Ubuntu 7.10 release.

Ubuntu 7.10 will include the most awaited release of Xorg, version 7.3, which brings bleeding-edge features such as:

• better graphics hardware support;

• hotplug monitors and input devices;

• easier configuration;

• hotplugging-supported drivers (no xorg.conf).

You should also expect improvements to the Restricted Driver Manager, and the "winmodem" chips will be supported out of the box (where drivers are available).

Stability and Performance

Last but not least, Ubuntu 7.10 is promised to be more stable and powerful than the previous releases were. The system should work much better when the filesystem is full, allowing the user to make room and continue his work without interruption.

Moreover, Upstart 0.5 will be on board of Ubuntu 7.10 to provide flexible and reliable service supervision. Also, the boot process will "suffer" improvements and reduce start-up time.

I think these changes should make an already Number 1 Distro of Linux to much higher levels.

The acceptance of Linux should rise quite a lot.

I am just waiting for June 28th for the 2nd Alpha version to come out.

Archived