Is there a way to install Mozilla Firefox's QuickTime plugin without Apple QuickTime player?

sanjoa

Hi, guys! Is there a way to install Mozilla Firefox's QuickTime plugin without Apple QuickTime player? I'm using QT Lite, but plugin is out-of-date.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi .. acutally there is no alternative way u may find ,, yet if you dont want to install quick time package . you may use quicktime alternative which is more lightweight package and resource friendly..

Do you ever have the actual need for Quicktime? I seriously have not come across the need or requirement for it in a year or so... in fact I eventually uninstalled it all together.. Especially after all of the problems with it.. ( Related to attackers being able to take control of your system )

Quicktime for Windows and as per usual install you would have to kill all of the entries that turns it on for default for certain file types... so the only work around which is available for probably what your trying to go for... going to be in the settings.. and you will have to probably do this every time you update or install.. Go n through the Control Panel... comb through carefully in the settings.. I remember there used to a trick to it somehow.. or something out of the ordinary.. but I dunno since I stopped using it..

unknownasphyxiated

well,try to install quicktime in vm with firefox installed

then find the plugin folder

copy the folder and paste it to your main system

try it on firefox portable and it detect the plugin

also it solve the problem when using facebook chat,missing plugin notification never show again

its about 10 file,only 1.13mb

i could upload it if anyone want to test it

or you can just do it yourself with vm

Archived