Babylon Crack has stopped working!

farsa

• Replies 39
  • Views 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately yes the crack is officially stopped working

i tried to install babylon one more time and applied the patch but after few more hours it stopped again

same as the license

:unsure:

Try it again, I put a new set of instructions, it is reportedly working. I don't think you need to use both the license and the crack, follow the readme precisely. If still not working then we just have to wait for a new fix.

I tested it,It is not working.It stops working after some minutes because although we untick enable online updates Babylon connects to its servers for some unknown reasons and then it says that you product has expired.The only way at the moment is to block Babylon from connecting to Internet by a firewall.

Thank you for your attention and quick response.

same problem here

yesterday my Babylon suddenly stopped working; :blink:

I uninstalled it fully with RevoUninstaller and then installed the recent version and used UnrEaL patch and ZWT.bof;

all went alright till right now

but I'm still worried about that :fear:

I guess in that case we just have to wait for a new fix to be released. Sorry it didn't work out for you guys. :(

If you find a working fix before we do, be sure to let us know.

Do note that, as farsa mentioned, you can 'fix' the crack by blocking (maybe a part of?) Babylon with your firewall, but I'm not sure whether this is an acceptable solution (since Babylon might use the internet for some functions?).

yeah,by blocking Babylon you will only be able to use offline dictionaries and you won't be able to use online features like online dictionaries or text translator.But there is no other solution at the moment. :(

There is a way to mess with Babylon's internet access without blocking it from the computer protection software (some people may not have such options in their software or simply are not savvy enough to implement them).

After disconnecting from the internet and re-installing Babylon, go to the configuration - connection, and select the connect through proxy button, enter any numbers (e.g. 111111111111 for proxy and 2222 for port), and Babylon should be disabled from connecting to its server and bringing misery to its users.

Not sure if it is bulletproof, but my Babylon is OK since I did this a couple of hours ago.

Either way, having the online dictionaries again at my disposal would be awesome so I'm hoping for a new solution.

Yes;

the proxy way

I thought about it...

seems working to me

but fresh installation is recommended ;)

try it

i blocked babylon with my ESET Firewall. It is the only solution. :D

C:\Program Files (x86)\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Babylon.exe (Babylon Information Tool)

Yes, mine stopped working about a week ago, as well. Got a 'license expired' message when attempting to open the program. I posted about it in the original thread for the download. Got it working again using the crack, and blocking any web access for it, but not quite as useful that way. Prior to that, didn't need any crack, just the license and all worked fine. Must say, tried Lingoes for the first time (free if you're not familiar with it). Other than that it doesn't have Britannica, it's quite comparable, and worth a look.

Blocking Babylon from Internet is a solution , but it can't connect to Online Dictionary ( as Babylon English , Wikipedia English ... , I offen use them.

Waiting for releasing a new fix .

Same here :(

Did anyone ever try to following crack?

Site: http://martik-scorp.blogspot.com/

Sharecode: 2010/12/babylon-810-r16-8xx-patch.html [?]

- I just found it...

I don't like Babylon 8, but ultimately, I will rather have a fully functional Babylon 8 than an internet deprived Babylon 7. Hopefully some solution will come about soon enough...

the following solutions have worked for me. babylon working since yesterday. fortunately, i had downloaded all the online dictionaries I use regularly prior to the license expiry so I have them all available for offline use

• connect through proxy/firewall with a random (non accessible) proxy server and a random port in the "connection" tab
  • remove the check from "enable online updates" in the "connection" tab and
  • "disable babylon globe" in the "Services" tab

above solution not working any more. switched back to oldest available version - v5.0 r78 - today

will report findings in a day or two, if it continues working that is :rolleyes:

Guest metallica

the following solutions have worked for me. babylon working since yesterday. fortunately, i had downloaded all the online dictionaries I use regularly prior to the license expiry so I have them all available for offline use

• connect through proxy/firewall with a random (non accessible) proxy server and a random port in the "connection" tab
  • remove the check from "enable online updates" in the "connection" tab and
  • "disable babylon globe" in the "Services" tab

Hey Work perfect to me just download the dic u use it's just 2 up to 5 M each..

Guest Guest_Ban

I already tried to do every ways (Remove fully and reinstall, put with random proxy, block from firewall, Eset program, disable updating, globe...) but until now it doesn't work. It just works first time, when you reset computer it shows notice "The current unauthorized Babylon software has stopped working".

Thanks Jal

and 0woh0 for mediafire link

will try it out

I already tried to do every ways (Remove fully and reinstall, put with random proxy, block from firewall, Eset program, disable updating, globe...) but until now it doesn't work. It just works first time, when you reset computer it shows notice "The current unauthorized Babylon software has stopped working".

The patch must be run with admin rights

Archived