Lsdelete Program Not Found - Skipping Autocheck

InfernoSB

The message on the topic title appears after the Boot UI before loading into windows. I am guessing this refers to the Lavasoft (lsdelete.exe located in windows/system32) Ad-Aware 2k7 file which isn't there. This showed up I think after the uninstall of AAW2007. Is there anyway to get rid of this msg or fix this issue? I've reinstalled and uninstalled AAW2007 and it still appears. Any suggestion to address the issue would be helpful. Thank you.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The message on the topic title appears after the Boot UI before loading into windows. I am guessing this refers to the Lavasoft (lsdelete.exe located in windows/system32) Ad-Aware 2k7 file which isn't there. This showed up I think after the uninstall of AAW2007. Is there anyway to get rid of this msg or fix this issue? I've reinstalled and uninstalled AAW2007 and it still appears. Any suggestion to address the issue would be helpful. Thank you.

No one has any clue to this?

• Administrator

Uninstall AAW.

Restart your computer.

Reinstall AAW.

Can you also include your operating system and other security software you run?

Check in msconfig if there are any references to AAW

Run-->msconfig->Startup tab

Uncheck it if it is listed

U can also use parotologic (i think) one of the registry cleaners listed on this site has a startup programs listed.. u can use that as well

Thank you both for the response. Well I've seemed to found it so kudos to that.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager

Was located here in the BootExecute. Had a spam of *autocheck lsdelete so I just cleared the whole thing.

Windows stops doing autochecks now hehe. Stupid Lavasoft ^_^

Anyways thanks for the suggestions above.

Thank you both for the response. Well I've seemed to found it so kudos to that.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager

Was located here in the BootExecute. Had a spam of *autocheck lsdelete so I just cleared the whole thing.

Windows stops doing autochecks now hehe. Stupid Lavasoft ^_^

Anyways thanks for the suggestions above.

Thanks for the info. I am having the same problem also, and I did reinstalled/installed a few times. The problem still exists. Anyway, I have a question. Should I delete the entire value "autocheck autochk *

autocheck lsdelete" or simply only the "*autocheck lsdelete" part? Or completely remove BootExecute?

Archived