Building a Computer...kinda

elohelomg

Well, the computer was working, up until i broke it :rolleyes:

Technically, its like building a new computer for me. Well, here is my dilemma, I replaced everything, as i wanted a more "powerful" computer, though its going to be someones christmas present, so, i guess its not for me. meh.

I've put everything together, but, have come across a problem. The computer wont turn on. I swear to god, i feel like im prone to mucked up computers.

Anyway, the reason the switch doesnt' work is because i seem to have hooked it up wrong, and, while checking out the manual, i've found the problem.

screenshot1201201006372.png

My power LED thingie is 3 things big.

So, any advise on how this would be setup with the thing i have.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So upper left slot flat? (9).. I would try that.. The last HP I took apart for overhaul maintenance.. stuff was like that.. I woudl be guessing the other ones would be for other configurations.. so you use the one that works for yours.. like 9 position witht he third prong in the outside whole.. a reset switch.. which can be changed by function.. in the OS.. which should operate all functions..

I took this one apart.. and tried twice.. before I got it right.. power off and reset on the PSU switch over from 120 - 22? w/e.. and back.. then change position..

This has happened to me several times before. What I did was I removed one of the wires at the end of the Power LED connector using a precision screwdriver (or any object small enough to gently pry the plastic locking the end of the wire without breaking it) and placed it back so that the two wires are beside each other just like the ones on your power switch or hdd led. Just make sure that the now empty hole of the 3-pin power LED connector will be sitting on the empty space on your motherboard once plugged.

lz7Jh.jpg

This has happened to me several times before. What I did was I removed one of the wires at the end of the Power LED connector using a precision screwdriver (or any object small enough to gently pry the plastic locking the end of the wire without breaking it) and placed it back so that the two wires are beside each other just like the ones on your power switch or hdd led. Just make sure that the now empty hole of the 3-pin power LED connector will be sitting on the empty space on your motherboard once plugged.

lz7Jh.jpg

I cant seem to get this thing out.

I assumed when you said "My power LED thingie is 3 things big." that's the same with the picture I posted.

What I did there is moved the green wire to the middle hole so it can fit on the pins on the motherboard without occupying one of the pins for the power switch.

At the back of the connector (not seen in the picture) are three locks which you could lift gently so you can slide the wire out then insert it to the middle(empty) hole.

Not really to interject.. but I sort of figured that .. it worked once and went in the right way.. what has changed that and why doesn't it work now? Would it really be the switch hook-up..

@heath28m: I think what elohelomg is trying to say is that what worked once was his old setup. When it broke down, he replaced everything (well, except for the case) thus the new motherboard with different front panel connectors. :)

Sorry I haven't posted, but, ill take a look at it today. Taking my car out to the track to drive the living crap out of it. :D

I'm a pretty decent driver. Even though my car hates me for it, she loves it. 600 whp of awesome.

Anyway, i messed around with the power led, and, it worked. THANKS GUYS.

Archived