How to remove annoying ads in Cydia

Alpha1BA

Disabling ads in Cydia<br /><br />While it can be a bit annoying, I can understand why free apps often come with ads. If done correctly, there is nothing wrong with this, it's free, so you can't really complain. What I do have a problem with however, is when the ads are placed so as to make it difficult to use the app without accidentally tapping on the ad. 9 times out of 10, this is done intentionally, and this I have no patience for. Cydia doesn't have too many ads, but when they do show up, they can get a little out of hand. Lately I have been noticing more and more of the ads that will follow you as you scroll down the page, to the point where they can make it difficult to read app descriptions.<br /><br />There is a quick easy way to eliminate these ads altogether. To rid yourself of these dreadful things, FTP/SSH to your device, and modify the file /Applications/Cydia.app/package.js. What you are looking for should be on line 209.<br /><br />Find this<br /><br />if (depiction == null)<br /><br />and change it to<br /><br />if (depiction == null || true)<br /><br />From that point on, you can enjoy an ad free Cydia. There will however still be ads on the screenshot pages, but at least they will be gone from the app details, and they will load faster also.

• Views 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived