AMD Sells INTEL CPUs

Zeus_Hunt

Yes, you've read it right and there's no mistake in the statement either. AMD has completely lost the war with INTEL CPUs and it seems that they have also lost their brains on the way to complete defeat. When I saw this news I was on my way of turning off the PC and go home. And everything would have remained as plain as ever in AMD's land. But I had the idea of opening my browser.

I have to admit that this is by far the best news I've seen in the hardware world for a very long time. Not even the launch of Agena core or the 2900XT series with GDDR4 can beat this. Because it seems that AMD's webmasters have completely lost it. And now, directly from AMD's website you can buy an Asus laptop with a mobile Core 2 Duo CPU inside it.

AMD-Sells-INTEL-CPUs-3.jpg

At first the picture seems right. Even the first lines of text sound just right: "ASUS A8Jr Notebook and ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 graphics give you incredible visual experience for mobile entertainment. The slim and lightweight A8Jr, based on Intel’s Core2 Duo processor, is the world’s first notebook series to utilize ATI’s Mobility Radeon™ X2300 GPU for stunning and crisp graphics".

So what more can you say? Perhaps I'd better check the Ati section and see if they have the latest 8800 Ultra Nvidia cards for sale. Who knows, maybe they even sell them for less than other retailers. Because that's what AMD has become. A retailer. A CPU, chipset and video card producer, but in the end, a very large retailer.

I don't know whether that should make me laugh or not but I'm laughing anyway. On the other hand this is probably the end of the world as we know it. I just hope that when I return on Monday things will be back to normal and AMD's index page will be back to normal. Because if this picture is still there, AMD's fans will be a lot more pissed off than they are now. And that can't be good for business.

viewpo0.gif View: Original Post

• Replies 11
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL selling your competitors product with your own? Well, kind of odd afterall, but atleast AMD can make some money on the way :)

• 2 months later...

that page cant be ok. maybe the page is hacked or something. i sent an email 2 amd(and yes, its already tuesday and the page is still there)

This disturbs me quite a bit. I understand they're trying to push the ATI product line, but man, talk about alienating loyal AMD fans.

whoa! what were they thinking! im also an AMD fan and this is not really a good publicity.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an AMD PC and an Intel (I prefer my Intel)

All I can do is laugh,

AMD's losing their marbles. This topic, selling quad-cores with a defective core as tri-cores to make their money back, even their working quad-cores can't stack up against Intel's latest.

A friend at my school would bash Intel until the cows come home. AMD was like a religion to he and my teacher, but it seems as though even he's lost his faith.

The look on my teacher's face was priceless when he announced that he'd joined the dark side and built an Intel gaming PC

Oh well, they still give good bang for your buck.

lmao, that's just soo lame..! if it's there only for the ati card that'd be still fucking lame.. can't stop \o/ing @ this shit.. :)

Archived