M$ Outlook 2003 SP3 ge***e?

Atasas

Long story,

but need one (stand lone if poss) ASAP (non R$ please)

Thanks!

EDITED

The solution (unconfirmed weather it will work on any other PC's):

If your M$ Office 2003 (outlook in this case) fails Genuine validation and fails to start up; and there is hardly Stand Alone Outlook available

Install M$ Works (not sure as definitely it is what held info intact)

Uninstall M$ Office, using M$ Office unnstaller), install M$ Office 2003 from link below (it does not say so, but Upgrade to SP3 is not allowed)

Outlook works ! and it appears all data is OK, good to do M$ upgrade or else you wanna do with it

• Replies 17
  • Views 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why '03? Just curious as there are much better solutions available... Atleast your not using Works.. LOL

work thing, it failed ***long ago, now enormous data of colleague work are potentially in tatters... (since some malware and me cleaning it all out)

Rest- all is well, but only Ou-k 03, that really matters

Huh... I meant Outlook 03 alone!...

There is no outlolk seperate install. If you want just outlook install office 2003 and disable all other apps (Word, PowerPoint...).

There is no outlolk seperate install. If you want just outlook install office 2003 and disable all other apps (Word, PowerPoint...).

Yup! as a last measure :wink:

Why not give this app a try, it's better than Outlook in so many none crashing ways. ;)

Also it's much easier to export your stuff because we all know Outlook could never export and import your settings.

Thanks mate!

whenever I try to get something on a quick- always end up a long story...

I believe, stand alone package does allow simple upgrade of non SP's to SP2 or SP3 outlook, the only way to be certain, that all emails and even more importantly his diary and contacts can be salvaged.

He's been using Out-k for years, had awesome upgrade in a form 2003 (came with his lappy, I aplied fix) got Geniune S$it on, but never nothing was of importance, until few weeks ago he had some bugs/addons/toolbars/no connection etc. Not a problem- cleaned all of that nonesnse out- all went OK'ish , but all so sudden Out-k doesn't start and in error console something" critical M$ Out-k updates failed to install".. blah blah, blah.

I've dl'ed the whole M$ O 2003 from a link above, can reinstall one or the other, but the lappy isnt worth 10% of data on his Ou-k with all alarms bells and whistles etc... other progs (usually I'm 100% for alternatives), but not in this case, not for him to learn new ways and to be productive at work.

Somehow (obviously its not worth it, and never was popular) but its hard to find, already had look around twice, but nono! :blink:

Balls! just tested... installed full (Old non SP'ed) M$ O 03, let it fail wga and when try to run new one- says something about processes recommended (I killed those), but it doesn't go through... :angry:

Damn B Gates! :frusty:

anybody have Stand alone Outlook somewhere in old HDD?

any other work-around?

I had to uninstall some kb****10 Office validation, installed M$ Works!

restart, update- all good, but whenever start Install it says process Ipt is running (killed that again) start again- nothing...

Run build in uninstaller, and straight after- got M$ o 03 - no probs....well, problem remains- I cant check weather all relevant info is there (if it is, weather it had anything to do with M$ works) or it is new install completely....

will be letting you know as how this nonsense will turn out as it looks, like I have to do everything again

The solution (unconfirmed weather it will work on any other PC's):

If your M$ Office 2003 (outlook in this case) fails Genuine validation and fails to start up; and there is hardly Stand Alone Outlook available

Install M$ Works (not sure as definitely it is what held info intact)

Uninstall M$ Office, using M$ Office unnstaller, install M$ Office 2003 from link above (it does not say so, but Upgrade to SP3 is not allowed)

Outlook works ! and it appears all data is OK, good to do M$ upgrade or else you wanna do with it

Archived